Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

The latest from RJ's fantasy world...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:02 pm    

The latest from RJ's fantasy world...

Can't you just hear the gears spinning in his rusted-out head? Where does he come up with this gibberish?

Quote:
Position of the Draft Door Opening

Richardj
Post Number: 2351
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 4:13 pm:

I have been asked why we don’t make the Draft Door opening lower and flush with the bottom of our Kamados so the ashes can easily be removed.

The answer is for this extremely important safety reason. Unless the Draft Door has an inch and half or more “lip” the dangerous hot ashes can easily fall out when cooking, especially when unattended or in any wind condition. Hot ashes are not only dangerous to wood decks or other combustible surfaces or other combustible surfaces where located, but for neighbors yards and fields. It is remarkable how far hot coals travel. We have an envious safety record even where Kamados are used in volatile and fire restricted areas.

If you have one of these ceramic cookers that have Draft Doors in this unsafe low/flush position it is not too difficult to raise the height of the opening and frame or have the seller be sure to do this before accepting the cooker. It is sparking charcoal and designs like this that has caused and will cause restrictions in the use of BBQ’s in certain jurisdictions and apartments.

Ahhhh yessss... instilling fear by spreading lies and misinformation.

Rolling Eyes
somebodyelse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:40 am    

From the manufacturer's website that RJ is referring to;

"The damper door opening is flush to the bottom of the unit making ash removal easy. A removable screen keeps hot coals safely inside. "

Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:47 am    

Yikes, I'm afraid I may have been responsible for the fires in California last year....... there was a bit of wind that day and I had the grill going. (in Iowa). Embarassed
primeats

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:51 pm    

Phew, that was you? And all this time I've been self medicating myself for all the guilt from my KK starting them by virtue of the hat ashes blowing off my WOODEN DECK and flying westward.thanks Fetz, this ones for you
!
DavidS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:21 am    

Very Happy I am also very happy to know it was not my fault. Have spent many sleepless afternoons thinking the Kansas winds had caused the fires. Shocked
GRB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:49 am    

You guys laugh, but didn't Chris Cappel's (Dizzy Pig) house burn down from embers blowing out of his BGE?
somebodyelse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:21 pm    

GRB wrote:
You guys laugh, but didn't Chris Cappel's (Dizzy Pig) house burn down from embers blowing out of his BGE?

That's why a safety screen like the KOmodoKamado OTB utilizes is so important regardless of whether or not your cooker has a lip.

Even with a lip ash can pile up and can enable a hot ember to roll over the lip. Especially important during long cooks if the charcoal you are using is an inferior product and produces a lot of ash.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:23 pm    

Embers certainly drop out of BGE's and they have a lip just like RJ's POSK. BGE added a screen to their lower vent after the DizzyPig fire. Komodo Kamado has a screen on their lower vent. RJ just has a lip. And RJ is giving safety advice? Shudder!!
Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:47 pm    

GRB wrote:

For real? I knew his house burned down but didn't know there was a ceramic cooker involved.
Fetzervalve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:04 pm    

[bad taste] He must have been the pig that built the straw house! Shocked Very Happy [/bad taste]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: