Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Wiki What?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:49 pm    

Wiki What?

This just in:

Quote:

Rick
Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 9:11 pm:

I noticed that Wikipedia has an entry on Kamados, but it only mentions the BGE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamado

I mention this in the hopes of getting more accurate information there. Do note that, if done improperly, a "wiki war" can ensue, and that should be avoided. Nonetheless, this is a subject which could use some more information, because it doesn't match my understanding of the history of Kamados.

Hehe... it doesn't match your understanding, Rick, because all you've read are the fictional accounts posted on Kamado.com.

Wink
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:51 pm    

Quote:
Richardj
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 6:26 pm:

There are a LOT of things in the Wikipedia that are inaccurate or left out. Including my original patent and the Common Law right to the Trade Name "Kamado" being the first to use this name in Japan or any where else. There are or could be other reasons why legally it is not enforceable, one of which it has obtained a "secondary meaning" and I never enforced my right(s). Still the fact is, I came up with this crazy name rather than using Hibachi Pot which is inaccurate also, Hibachi is a heater and mine is wooden.

When I get time and in the right mood, I will see if I can include some FACTS about the Kamado and it's history.

No, Richard, the Wikipedia moderators won't allow your fiction on their site.

Rolling Eyes
Steel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:03 pm    

Quote:
Richardj
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 6:26 pm:

There are a LOT of things in the Wikipedia that are inaccurate or left out. Including my original patent and the Common Law right to the Trade Name "Kamado" being the first to use this name in Japan or any where else. There are or could be other reasons why legally it is not enforceable, one of which it has obtained a "secondary meaning" and I never enforced my right(s). Still the fact is, I came up with this crazy name rather than using Hibachi Pot which is inaccurate also, Hibachi is a heater and mine is wooden.

When I get time and in the right mood, I will see if I can include some FACTS about the Kamado and it's history.

I'm guessing 3 botles of ripple and a cheap hooker.
What's with steel leaves a metallic taste in the food baloney i read on the site,i know ceramic leaves an off flavor,ain't sure about cement. Rolling Eyes
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:56 pm    

Quote:
Sharon, I do agree with you that the word Kamado is included right there at the end of the article. However, I do think that the Kamado company as we know it, was given very short shrift. I have no doubt that other ceramic grills will do a good serviceable job, but, I don't know of any (there might be, but I do not know of them) that has a two inch thick wall to hold in the heat. And, if there is not one, then Kamado was in fact given VERY short shrift.

Oh c'mon Bob of course you do. You spend plenty of time "trolling" for R.J. You and your "Short Shrift".
Quote:
After looking at Wikipedia again, I see that they encourage people to be bold. Ok, as long as one sticks to the documentad facts, one is fine.

Someone there is actively hostile towards the Kamado company. Note some of the edits regarding this forum. So I would encourage people to show what support they can, in as objective and positive manner as possible.

For those new Kamado fans, there were some heated debates in the past if I'm not mistaken (before Wikipedia). I may be wrong, as I didn't really follow them. But if my memory is correct, I don't think anyone wants those repeated.

Still, the current version strikes me as a propaganda piece, and I would question much of it. Including the supposed Japanese translations. I've had Japanese friends who weren't familiar with the term "Kamado". But I'm not a native speaker, so I really can't comment.

It's only a matter of time before Rick get's the picture. "Be Bold".
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:22 am    

Not to beat a dead horse but..

Quote:
Still the fact is, I came up with this crazy name rather than using Hibachi Pot which is inaccurate also

Lest you forget again, Richard, we already showed that even your original ads demonstrated that "Kamado" was a Japanese word.

Anybody can go to Google News Archives, search on the word "Kamado" and notice that it existed as a word (and proper name) long before Richard came along.

Richard was an importer, not an inventor. The only thing he invented was this bullsh!t back story. What he didn't count on was the Internet. Hell, even WITH the Internet, most people took his fiction for fact.

Rolling Eyes
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 am    

And lest anyone miss it in the text, to quote from Richard Johnson's own ad:
Quote:
In Japanese, Kamado means an oven, cooker, smoker, or stove--even a fireplace.

Richard Johnson seems to still have trouble discerning the truth, even though he constantly trolls this forum, LOL!
somebodyelse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:46 am    

[quote="fishtail-99"]And lest anyone miss it in the text, to quote from Richard Johnson's own ad:
Quote:
In Japanese, Kamado means an oven, cooker, smoker, or stove--even a fireplace.

[color=white]

It was those damn Associates I tell ya![/b]
Nerka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm    

It seems RJ was to busy killing off his brain cells and he forgot about that add. Looks like the facade of RJ's stories got some major exposure today. I wonder how much worse it can get for him?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: