Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Customer Service Help!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:10 am    

Customer Service Help!!!

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------
Kamado Discussion Forum: The Kampfire: Customer Service Help!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Johnh on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:08 pm:

I have been a happy K owner for several years, but I am very
frustrated that I cannot get a phone call or email returned. I have
left many phone messages, and sent many emails over the last 5 weeks
about my Rod fire box that I ordered 3 months ago. the last time I
needed something it took over 1 year of phone calls and emails before
I got a response.

I use my K almost every day, and my lumpsaver if falling apart. Large
pieces of charcoal fall through the grates, and the bent metal bars
jam against the gas burner. I understand if you are busy, but I would
appreciate a response.

thanks

Obviously this didn't last long.

A note to JohnH: Kamado doesn't really exist in the same way other companies exist. Customer service is delegated to their daughter Laura who MIGHT check her email or voicemail when she's not working her real-world job or partying with her sorority friends at various clubs around Vegas. Then again, she might not. Rest assured, they will delete all customer service inquiries. It's easier than actually answering the phone and making up an excuse.

Confused
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:21 am    

Correction: Laura will ONLY answer the phone or return an email if you are one of the select few fanboys or fangirls (we can't leave out you-know-who!) that they will deal with. It is apparent that what Kamado is doing is making the few select customers happy so they can post what wonderful experience they have ("I don't understand. I always get through first call, and they always answer my emails."). It makes the complainers look like crazy whiners. ("Oh sure, you expect me to believe that you called and emailed for a year? Yeah right.") No one would believe the incredible behavior of Kamado which is why this forum exists to document it.
foxhound

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:57 am    

another ill fitted rod firebox

this probably won't last long before it is deleted.

Quote:

Johnh
Post Number: 51
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:41 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Help! I just got my Rod Firebox, and tried to install it. Mine also sits too low, and hits the gas burner. My lumpsaver is unusable, so I need something right away, Can you send me the corrected designed one? please help!!

John
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:11 pm    

Maybe I can save the OP a months worth of unanswered calls...

Dude, find something to shim the support ledge up higher. If you are lucky enough to get a reply from RJ, he will be happy to sell you some M-sixty-whatever to goop in there and make you all better. Of course, it may take months to get the stuff.

Or you can just use a $5 tube of Rutland mortar and let this be a lesson learned not to do business with RJ and associates.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:55 am    

Well, he had M61, then M62, and now M63. I can't wait for M69. I imagine that as he comes out with new versions, the quality is getting worse and worse and worse, just like the krap charcoal he now sells.
foxhound

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:27 am    

Well here is another report of an ill fitted firebox and the DIY fix...

Tania
Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 7:13 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Alan -- I had the same problem. The gas would only slide back and forth with a lot of pressure and yanking, and was getting extremely hot even at the outside stem/regulator. I was afraid that I would wind up up getting an outside fire on my hands if this was allowed to continue, not to mention the whole draft door breaking out under the constant yanking. The basket was resting directly on the gas burner. I had mentioned this in a previous thread.

I figured out a cheap and easy fix. I welded 4 good size nuts under the loop that rest on the Kamado ledge and ground them down a bit from the outside. This had the effect of bumping up the whole basket by about 1/3 of an inch -- which solved my clearance problem.[/quote]
foxhound

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:50 pm    

We have another firebox that does not fit:

Quote:

Johnh
Post Number: 52
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:47 pm:

I just got my rod firebox, which unfortunately has the same clearance problem- hopefully I can get one of the redesigned ones soon. (I think mine is over 1 inch off). I'll try Harry's fix until then.

I have one question for anyone that is using the new fire box. The rod firebox has quite a bit more surface area where the charcoal goes. I mostly do small cooks, like a couple of burgers on my #7, will I burn up lots more charcoal filling the larger rod firebox, or do I just make a small pile of charcoal in the center for my smaller cooks? I want to be as efficient as possible with charcoal usage. Thanks!

(Message edited by johnh on May 26, 2008)
tania

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:21 pm    

Trust me -- I was NOT happy. I'd waited an exorbitant amount of time for the thing (even though I was the one that fine-tuned the design -- at least I got what I wanted) -- and then was told to shim the darn thing up with their ceramic compound. No offer of replacement with something that actually fits.

Send it back? Not on your life. I'd would never have gotten another one. I figured out how to make it work, but it's still not right. A new one, correctly fitted, should have been sent out. Why should I have to jury-rig something to make it work?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: