Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

More Richard Johnson BS:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:48 am    

More Richard Johnson BS:

Quote:
George
Post Number: 62
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:43 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I just received a #5 rod firebox. There is about 1/16 inch of lateral/diametric play between the OD of the firebox shelf ring and the inside wall of the K. How much maximum diametric expansion can I expect at high temperature? I'm wondering if I should remove/grind some material from the inside wall to allow for expansion of the resting ring to preclude cracking of the K wall. Richard/anyone please comment.

Richardj
Post Number: 2346
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:52 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
George, your 7 year Kamado might have a little build up from use over the years and it wouldn't hurt to spend a few minutes cleaning this edge by merely scraping the ledge with a sharp metal object. I doubt if a disc grinder would be necessary. Also since the ledge slopes upwards and the rod is round, there isn't a sharp edge and the Rod Firebox will move upward for more expansion room.

We have quite a few rod fireboxes out now as well as the one we use almost daily with no information as to to any expansion problem. No problems in a new design is somewhat of a miracle.

George
Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 6:18 pm:

Richard, can you give me some quantitative answers? How much diametric or circumferential expansion, in inches, can I expect at 700°F, and/or what is the spec of the steel used? If I know the steel spec I can find the coefficient of expansion.

Richardj
Post Number: 2348
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 8:53 pm:

Sure George. The spec. of the steel we use is AISI or SAE Number 4422. If you have trouble in finding the expansion, which I am sure you don't, send me an email. Richard

Right. Where to start? Well first of all, George does seem to be a bit anal in worrying about how much expansion there is, but then again, it doesn't take much to Krack A Kamado, so perhaps he is justified in his worries. So, RJ tries to calm his fears, but he presses on and asks for something that RJ is often hard-pressed to come up with. A number. A fact. A meaningful piece of information. RJ is famous for rambling nonsense and he isn't about to change, evidently. He could give the guy an answer, but obviously he doesn't have one.

Incidentally, remember those flash games that people put on the web? LIke the one where Dick Cheney would blow away little children while out hunting? Any of you any good with that stuff? If so, you have my permission to use my Krack-A-Kamado idea to make a game. Lift the lid, get 5 points and a little crack. Lower the lid, get 50 points and a big crack. Light it up, get 25 points and the tiles fall off. Cook a steak and get 500 points and half the shell cracks off and falls to the ground. Leave it out in the weather, get 1 point and the "stainless stell" parts instantly turn orange with rust. Close the top damper, get 100 points and never open the damper again! I think we have something here!
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:14 am    

Re: More Richard Johnson BS:

fishtail-99 wrote:
RJ is famous for rambling nonsense...

You know this statement would carry more weight if it wasn't followed by a paragraph that included flash games, steaks, the weather, little children, and Dick Cheney.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:26 am    

No it wouldn't. Very Happy

In fact, the Krack-A-Kamado game could be an interactive learning tool so that prospective Kustomers of the Kamado company could simulate the Kamado experience and learn what to expect.

After each move where something goes wrong with the Kooker, they get a screen asking what they want to do next. They can:
a) Keep using the kooker, in which case they are returned to the game.
b) Haul the kooker off to the dump, in which case they instantly win!
c) Email or call Kamado for service, in which case nothing happens!

Now, if they press the email/call button 15 times, then they are told that nothing has happened. Would they like to post a request for help to the Kamado forum? If they say yes, they are instantly disqualified!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: