Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Refractory Material Data Sheets

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Songdog

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:11 pm    

Refractory Material Data Sheets

Quote:
I'm sure those Mexi-K folks ought to be able to come up with a MDS for Portland cement, right? That's pretty common stuff, unlike the materials that all the other manufacturers use.

Qtoo

I don't know, but I was told by one of Dick's ex-dealers that there was ground up lava rock in his Secret Soup.

-- Songdog
DennisLink

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:10 pm    

The concrete truth.. This Portland ain't no city in Oregon

Denial ain't no river in Egypt and this portland ain't no city in Oregon!

As I hired RJ's work force.. there is nothing I don't know about three years of his production here in Indonesia.

And yes you heard correctly.. His secret formula is common portland cement using crushed volcanic cinder (lava stone)
as an aggregate. While albeit a very cheap formula, it seems to usually stay together at high temperatures..

Money where my mouth is..
Don't believe me... drill into one and have it tested..if it's not primarily portland cement, I'll pay for the test and give you $1,000.
I can't say that he has not changed the formula but test any cooker made during the 3 years he was in Indonesia.

From his reputation here, he would not have gone to a more expensive material if he was not having problems with his cookers. The problem with a very dense material is that it's difficult to get the trapped water out of the material, hence the long slow break in time..
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: