Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Fraud

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turnip979

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:23 pm    

Fraud

Glad I found this forum. I was doing a bit of research into this Kamado origin thing and the fact that Kamado.com hasn't registered their trademark. I noticed that all their charcoal stuff uses the trademark symbol (TM) yet they haven't registered it. I asked the US trademark office if this is allowed and they said that this can constitute fraud if it is done to deceive the public. Of course, Kamado.com does very little BUT deceive the public. I wonder how a complaint could be filed on this type of fraud by Kamado.com?

Turnip
turnip979

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:55 pm    

Here's what the US patent office guy said:

Improper use of the federal registration symbol, ®, that is deliberate and intends to deceive or mislead the public or the Office is fraud. See Copelands' Enterprises Inc. v. CNV Inc., 945 F.2d 1563, 20 USPQ2d 1295 (Fed. Cir. 1991); Wells Fargo & Co. v. Lundeen & Associates, 20 USPQ2d 1156 (TTAB 1991).
curly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:16 pm    

That couldn't be true...Richard Johnson would never intentionally try to mislead anyone Shocked
curly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:37 am    

So, what now. Can you report him? Will they do anything or is that one of those official places that only does things about big patent frauds like when Burger King or McDonalds foots the bill?

It's a wonder no one has ever called him on that over the years. He does lie about a lot of stuff though doesn't he?
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:39 am    

I figured this for a red herring. It's a victimless crime and there are sooo many victims out there. Just doesn't stick in your gorge the way crumbling K's, warranty fraud, and abusive fanboys do.

But then I remembered it took the IRS to get Capone.

If the IRS could eliminate Public Enemy #1, maybe the Patent Office can eliminate Concrete Criminal #1. Razz

But I'm guessing they'll just make him spend a couple hundred bucks to register his trademark or tell him to stop using the little symbol. Rolling Eyes
curly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:51 am    

I was starting to feel sorry for him. I was gonna send some starter bread to him in prison.

Even if they get him, they'd probably just run the sentence concurrent with all of the other offenses and he'd end up doing no time for it at all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: