Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

recent update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQ master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:29 am    

recent update

Here's what I got from Richard Johnson.

It looks like he is trying to sell the company.
I've also contacted Senior Deputy Attorney General John McGlamery with Nevada. I'm trying to place a lean on his company so he cannot sell it!!!

The following is from Richard Johnson:
Merry Christmas and Happy new year!
This Bulletin has attached some information on the agreement to sell Kamado business that might be important to the thousands of Kamado owners.

Time permitting, I will be happy to provide additional information on this contractual agreement to sell the assets or a signed copy to our past customers and those who might be interested in purchasing a new Kamado, accessories or warranty.
[/i]
Sincerely,

Richard Johnson
richardj@electrickamado.com
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:53 am    

As far as we know, the sale has already taken place. He has sold the assets of his company to Kamado Grills. There have been many many posts here about the sale and the Kamado Grills guys are posting here also. However, they didn't purchase his liabilities, so in theory you can go after anything he has left.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:56 am    

How recent is that update? I wouldn't put it past him to try and sell it again. Rolling Eyes
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:53 am    

Unbelievable wrote:
How recent is that update? I wouldn't put it past him to try and sell it again. Rolling Eyes

Ha you and me both..

Chris
BBQ master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:54 am    

I got the email from Richard Yesterday. Here's the rest of the email.

We are pleased to announce that there is an excellent possibility that our new sales agreement for
Kamado company with John Cerul and Chris Hewitt dba Kamado Grills will succeed in fulfilling the
part of this agreement which will benefit you, our customers. Quoted below is applicable portions of
this agreement:
 Paragraph “C” (4.) reads: “Fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) maximum will be allowed to be cred-
ited against the contract balance upon the seller’s verification of validity of prior customer’s Kamado
purchase or warranty.”
 Fifty thousand dollars is well within any potential outstand backorder or potential warranty.
 Paragraph (A) “Scope of this Purchase Agreement” in part reads: “This contract does not include
any previous liabilities stated or implied, as this contract is for assets only. Upon completion of final
payment of the balance all the title, rights and interest in passwords, domain names, sales data will
be transferred to the buyers.”
 The main reason for our selecting John and Chris is their desire to create good will with all past
customers and create a reputation as new company owners to fulfill all honest commitments
thereby building the Kamado brand name.
 We all agreed and understood that the $25,000 cash they had in their bank along with all nec-
essary production molds and tooling for the K7 and K3 provided by us would be sufficient to immedi-
ately start production.
 In addition to our desire to fulfill our commitments and help jump start the production paragraph
C (3.) reads in total “Twenty five thousand dollars ($25.000) will be credited to the total purchase
price upon verification of expenditure for tools, equipment, raw mater, work in progress”.

Let’s keep our fingers on their fulfilling the agreement and ability to make and ship Kamados! We
understand John and Chris will have to increase prices so be sure to get your orders in now. We will
continue to keep you informed on their production progress.

Regards to all and a very Merry Christmas,

Richard Johnson
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:02 pm    

Thanks BBQ Master.

Going to take a while to parse that.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:22 pm    

I love how Richard acts like he cares about his customers and makes it sound like he has to keep an eye on Chris and John in order to keep up his good name. What a joke! Unfortunately this does not bode well for the new company or customers as it sounds like RJ still has his greedy little paws involved. RJ the best thing you could do for the good of the company and your customers is to go away and let Chris and John do what you never could do and make this a real company.
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:04 pm    

tcoliver wrote:
I love how Richard acts like he cares about his customers and makes it sound like he has to keep an eye on Chris and John in order to keep up his good name. What a joke! Unfortunately this does not bode well for the new company or customers as it sounds like RJ still has his greedy little paws involved. RJ the best thing you could do for the good of the company and your customers is to go away and let Chris and John do what you never could do and make this a real company.

I think it goes without saying that is all nonsense everyone here know that the back orders, and warranty work would far exceed $50k not including the other business deals involving people on this forum. I have said and will continue to say we have nothing to do with Richard he has vanished like a fart in the wind. Not to mention if that was my agreement with the Johnson family why is our website gone. We have offered to build the back orders which in some cases are from 2008 but for whatever reason when Richard talks everyone listens....

Thanks
Chris@KamadoGrills
The Spanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:51 pm    

Chris, I can't speak for everyone in the forum, but I imagine that most of us are not inclined to believe anything the Johnsons say.

But, as students of Johnson history, we're always looking for hints of pending impropriety. Forgive our hyper-vigilance, as it's sometimes misplaced, but he's separated many ambitious but naive souls from their money and time. We've uncovered or are otherwise aware of oodles of Johnson business arrangements, e.g., dealerships, distributorships, stock sales, employee stock compensation, etc - in which the Johnsons profited and the other parties fared badly.

It's a safe bet that he's made more selling business opportunities than by making and selling cookers in the past decade. Hard to believe that he didn't have his sights set on the two of you.

Doesn't mean that you'll end up victims. After all, unlike most of his previous business partners, you had the benefit of this forum and went into your dealings forewarned.

There's hope for you yet.

Now, regarding the particulars in RJ's email to BBQ Master, I dearly hope he was lying about the figures and that RJ hasn't really managed to get 25k from the two of you. I can't imagine that the assets were worth even a quarter of that.
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:22 pm    

The Spanker wrote:
Chris, I can't speak for everyone in the forum, but I imagine that most of us are not inclined to believe anything the Johnsons say.

But, as students of Johnson history, we're always looking for hints of pending impropriety. Forgive our hyper-vigilance, as it's sometimes misplaced, but he's separated many ambitious but naive souls from their money and time. We've uncovered or are otherwise aware of oodles of Johnson business arrangements, e.g., dealerships, distributorships, stock sales, employee stock compensation, etc - in which the Johnsons profited and the other parties fared badly.

It's a safe bet that he's made more selling business opportunities than by making and selling cookers in the past decade. Hard to believe that he didn't have his sights set on the two of you.

Doesn't mean that you'll end up victims. After all, unlike most of his previous business partners, you had the benefit of this forum and went into your dealings forewarned.

There's hope for you yet.

Now, regarding the particulars in RJ's email to BBQ Master, I dearly hope he was lying about the figures and that RJ hasn't really managed to get 25k from the two of you. I can't imagine that the assets were worth even a quarter of that.

Thanks for an honest post. It goes a long way with the both of us. We still have a long up hill battle, but will continue on with the fight. I really don't know if it is good or bad, but this would the both of us in the same boat as all of you. I guess its a matter of perspective? So hopefully this will at least go a little way in getting some faith in Chris and I. Either way, this will make for an interesting story in the future....Haha.

Thanks,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: