Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Its still Kamado - they still suck - and here is why
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:26 pm    

Its still Kamado - they still suck - and here is why

You know, after some thought, I have decided that I really don't feel obligated to give the new owners of Kamado any slack at all. After all, it is STILL Kamado.

Kamado skrewed us all, writ large, and these new guys expect us to just forgive everything because they are new owners, and say they don't want to skrew people anymore? Is the company name still not the same? Did they not do a deal with RJ to acquire the new name? Asking for a clean slate would be like the Madoff trustee asking people to invest in his new fund!

Seriously, the NAME is tainted. I think it is low-class to do business under such a tarnished umbrella. I think its laughable to expect the people who were wronged to wish you well and forgive the pain that your company name has brought. Worse, you chose to allow RJ yet another opportunity to profit from his fraud by doing business with him - whatever you bought from him, whatever the price - you gave him something. That in itself is reason enough to hope you fail, and take Dick(head) Johnson's legacy with you.

Had you created a new company, and made a go of it under your own name, the story would be different. I have watched new grills come into the market, and found merits with all of them, and even considered buying a few (bubba keg comes to mind). Just not here, not as long as the company name is Kamado.

Kamado's success would be almost like erecting a monument to RJ, and I refuse to give him that satisfaction.
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:51 pm    

No, no, no.

These guys are no more guilty by association than anyone else that ever got duped (i.e., bought anything) from RJ, you and me included.

Like you, it rankles the bejeezus out of me that RJ somehow made a penny off anyone and may have managed to erect yet another impediment to those with claims against him.

But I'm sure Chris and John had no desire to be part of that.

Save your animus for those worthy of it. Save your pity for those that have been victimized. In addition to pity, you can throw a smirk at anyone that got victimized because they didn't do enough fact checking.

Time will tell if Chris and John deserve a smirk.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm    

Meh...

I see the name as a legacy. No different than the Madoff trustee reinvesting all the recovered money in the NEW Madoff Fund. Is it better now, since its under new management, or does the name itself knot the stomach of a potential investor?

Id rather see the name die in shame where it belongs.

Any other name, and I am with you. Wouldnt even have a problem buying one if it ended up being a quality product.
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:01 pm    

Gerard wrote:
No, no, no.

These guys are no more guilty by association than anyone else that ever got duped (i.e., bought anything) from RJ, you and me included.

Like you, it rankles the bejeezus out of me that RJ somehow made a penny off anyone and may have managed to erect yet another impediment to those with claims against him.

But I'm sure Chris and John had no desire to be part of that.

Save your animus for those worthy of it. Save your pity for those that have been victimized. In addition to pity, you can throw a smirk at anyone that got victimized because they didn't do enough fact checking.

Time will tell if Chris and John deserve a smirk.

Thank you. Our idea is that it can only get better than where it has been. We don't expect people to just automatically think that the things are ok after such a long, bad run. It is what it is and time will prove Chris and I to be good guys trying to do the right thing.

John
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:14 pm    

Nemesis wrote:
I see the name as a legacy.
... does the name itself knot the stomach of a potential investor?

Agreed and it does.

Nemesis wrote:
Id rather see the name die in shame where it belongs.

Ditto. But we weren't consulted and a couple of entrepreneurs with money in their pockets and cement dust in their eyes thought differently.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:01 pm    

I'm really having a hard time understanding the upside to resurrecting the name. Lets take the best case scenario:

What if all the faithful Kamado owners pick up right where they left off on the new forum. Everyone comes back and builds a productive ceramic cooker community. So now you have a hundred or several hundred active fans on your forum. But... they still have a cement grill. It will still krack and krumble. It will still lose all its tile. The firebox will still fall apart. The top damper will still get rusted shut and cause the top of the grill to break apart.

So at best, keeping the name mortgages the future because the turnkey customer base will all be expecting a taste of that exemplary service when it comes time to invoke their lifetime warranty! Or should they all just be happy to receive a little discount on a new grill, because Kamado is under new management?

If your not going to clean up the mess, that is fine, but you shouldn't get to wave it off either. If you want a clean start, kill the name and you would have exactly that.
Kamado Grills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:01 pm    

Whether you believe us or not is up to you, but we are trying to make things right and right now we are working with people who paid and didnt receive there products. Obviously we won't get support from everybody. all we can do is try to prove ourselves and hope with time people realize we are trying to right some wrongs.

Thanks
Kamado
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:36 am    

It might help to dispel some doubts if you guys were to post some photos on your forum. Photos of your production facility. Photos of cookers you have made yourselves. Photos of the tile choices you are offering. I know that setting up your web site and getting it running is a big task, so you don't have a samples page, etc. but posting a few photos on the forum would not take more than a few minutes and would probably go a long way towards convincing some folks you are on the up and up.
Firemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:30 am    

Nemesis wrote:

So at best, keeping the name mortgages the future because the turnkey customer base will all be expecting a taste of that exemplary service when it comes time to invoke their lifetime warranty! Or should they all just be happy to receive a little discount on a new grill, because Kamado is under new management?

Unless they have no plans to take care of the Krappy products when they fall apart? Shocked
Maybe they plan to sell as many grills as they can in the meantime, and when the wave of existing service issues gets so large that it is unsustainable, they either stop responding, or take the money and run?..sound familiar?

Hmm... Selling new grills, and shunning all the warranty work. Yep, sounds like Kamado to me! Razz

More seriously, Nemesis raised a valid question. Are the new guys going to honor the warranty for all the existing Kamado grills, or are they only here to collect new orders, and to hell with the previous victims (Deja Vu anyone?) They say that they want to deliver recent unfulfilled orders, but what about all the shoddy product out there that is supposed to be covered by a Lifetime warranty from a company named Kamado? Are they going to replace the broken ones?
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:20 am    

yknow, regardless of whether or not you see the old kamado name as a "legacy" or whatever, consider the following:

1) it wasn't some faceless "kamado corp" that swindled people; it was RJ and his family, and that's it. regardless of whether or not he called himself "kamado corp" or batman, he was the one responsible and he was the one who pocketed stolen money. someone who comes along and, regardless of the wisdom of it, buys the "kamado" name does not become guilty of those crimes.

2) the new owners have been very straightforward in coming to this forum FIRST, before even opening up their own forum, to face the fire. as paranoid as i can be, i just can't see the "angle" in that.

3) as far as investment goes, again, see #1. anyone who invests in anything does so at their own risk. the risk is higher when you invest in an unproven company. as of yet, the new owners are indeed unproven. of course, those that invest (by buying a cooker, for example) early generally experience a higher return if/when that company is successful. if you wait until they prove themselves with said early birds, expect to pay more on your investment.

4) the new owners state they would like to build goodwill and build the brand by helping those swindled by RJ. while they really aren't responsible for doing so, they stand to build their business by doing this. it's a win/win situation. but it takes money to make money. those hoping to benefit from this sort of reputation-building program would also be hoping they are able to sell some grills, as i'm sure they'll need some of the initial profits to cover their efforts. it's called "marketing".

ultimately, time will tell. everyone is entitled to an opinion; this is mine.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:57 am    

Quote:
it wasn't some faceless "kamado corp" that swindled people; it was RJ and his family, and that's it. regardless of whether or not he called himself "kamado corp" or batman, he was the one responsible and he was the one who pocketed stolen money. someone who comes along and, regardless of the wisdom of it, buys the "kamado" name does not become guilty of those crimes.

Lets apply that same wisdom to any other business. Sears goes bankrupt, and is acquired by KMart holdings. Does that mean my craftsman tools are no longer covered under warranty?

How about your car? Just about every manufacturer up there went under and got restructured under TARP. So who is going to fix a blown motor?

Quote:
2) the new owners have been very straightforward in coming to this forum FIRST, before even opening up their own forum, to face the fire. as paranoid as i can be, i just can't see the "angle" in that.

No Angle...it was NECESSITY. We are a top 10 (first page) listing for Kamado on a search engine. They needed to come here if they were ever going to get any new sales.

Quote:
as far as investment goes, again, see #1. anyone who invests in anything does so at their own risk. the risk is higher when you invest in an unproven company. as of yet, the new owners are indeed unproven. of course, those that invest (by buying a cooker, for example) early generally experience a higher return if/when that company is successful. if you wait until they prove themselves with said early birds, expect to pay more on your investment.

You lost me there... Are you advocating buying a Kamado because you might get better service as an early adopter?

Quote:
4) the new owners state they would like to build goodwill and build the brand by helping those swindled by RJ. while they really aren't responsible for doing so, they stand to build their business by doing this. it's a win/win situation. but it takes money to make money. those hoping to benefit from this sort of reputation-building program would also be hoping they are able to sell some grills, as i'm sure they'll need some of the initial profits to cover their efforts. it's called "marketing".

I guess that is where I am different. I am not looking to benefit from them, or working an angle to get something. I already got it...a piece of DISfucntional yard art, with gaping cracks, lost tile, and a seized up top. A descendent of Kong, I am sure you could recognize the family traits.

I also got the lies, and run-around that is standard fare for warranty claims in the kamado world. Got to build my own fireboxes a few times, too. So yeah, I am done with all that. I have accepted my fate on that purchase...but I dont have to like it, and I damn sure dont have to help them recover.
The Spanker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 am    

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me," Exodus 20.5
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 am    

RJ's progeny are in BIG trouble then!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 am    

The Spanker wrote:
"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me," Exodus 20.5

Quote:
Porkchop wrote; RJ's progeny are in BIG trouble then!

Then the owners need to get "Saved" to stand a chance. Otherwise they will inherit their "fathers" (rj's) woes and kustomers will just get more of the same. Very Happy
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:56 pm    

Porkchop wrote:
1) it wasn't some faceless "kamado corp" that swindled people; it was RJ and his family, and that's it. regardless of whether or not he called himself "kamado corp" or batman, he was the one responsible and he was the one who pocketed stolen money. someone who comes along and, regardless of the wisdom of it, buys the "kamado" name does not become guilty of those crimes.

ultimately, time will tell. everyone is entitled to an opinion; this is mine.

I agree with Porkchop. Waiting and watching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: