Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Someone is posting on Kamado forum as me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amg13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:44 am    

Someone is posting on Kamado forum as me

Can you believe this?
I am a purchaser of a K3 many years ago.
My fights with the company are apparently famous....
I documented my 50 plus calls and posted the bill....I don't think it made it on the forum.

Any way....I have not posted on there for years....after discovering for sure that they were crooked at this site and at others.

They are now using my name and posting shill posts.
They have removed any post I had that was not positive.
It says I have 36 posts. I think only like 20 are mine...from early on when I first got my egg.
If you look now there are only about a dozen and any after 2006 are not mine.
here is a copy of one "I" posted (not !) recently - shilling for Richard and his stupid daughters!

AMAZING!

Do I Need This Part?
Kamado Discussion Forum » Using Kamado cookers » Do I Need This Part?
« Previous Next »

Mattd
Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2011 - 3:42 pm:

Hi All,
Just looking for advice. Not even sure what to call the part in the photo below (please pardon my ignorance). It's the ceramic ring that the lumpsaver sits in.

A few years ago I noticed hairline cracks in it and about twice a year would apply a coat of Rutland furnace cement. Now it's cracked through on one side. Since it's weakened on that side I'm sure the other side will go.

I'm open to buying a new one, but haven't yet checked availability.

There's no real problem if it breaks into two pieces--they will still wedge themselves into the bottom of the K5 fine. My parents K is circa 1970-ish and their piece is a bit different shape but broken into three pieces and they still wedge fit fine.

As I was looking at it, my main question became: Do I even need this piece? Is there any down-side to dropping the lumpsaver in without it? There is a small gap between the outer ring of the lumpsaver and the inner wall of the K5 but it's less than an inch. I know it will fit, but haven't tried a cook with it that way.

This is the most "major" problem that I've had with my K5 which is 7 years old now, so no complaints from me.

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions on this question!

Matt

Amg13
Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2011 - 7:11 pm:

Not to worry, I had the same problem on my K3 and it continued to work fine. It comes with a lifetime warranty as long as you are the original owner. Mine has been transferred now, so I believe it's void. Great tri tip technique by the way.

Bobh
Post Number: 547
Posted on Friday, June 03, 2011 - 7:31 pm:

Mattd, I think this is called the Firebox, and Richard has designed and built a replacement for it. Now called a Rod Firebox. If I understand correctly this will replace the cracked part you are needing. On the other hand I think you can get some M63 from Richard that will repair he cracked part of your firebox and make it as good as new. Of course, I am not Richard so don't hold me accountable.

(Message edited by bobh on June 03, 2011)

Amg13
Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 8:29 am:

I believe Richard has a new improved version. K63 I think this might be the way to go. I believe the new owner of my K3 already ordered some for minor repairs. Good luck!

Richardj
Post Number: 2641
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 12:24 pm:

Matt, Bob’s suggestion of M63 (now improved and designated K63) to apply to your firebox would be very important in insuring MANY years of maintenance free use. As mentioned, the shape/design does wedge in the base and allows continued use however K63 has additional benefit besides giving 100% thermal protection....K63 provides faster and longer charcoal ignition because of the excellent "K" factor (rate that heat can pass through this ceramic material).

On my older Japanese Kamados (I made over 100,000 of them in Japan in the 60's) it is extremely important that K63 is applied to the entire hot face or inside the combustion chamber. K63 will allow owners of these "earthenware" Kamados to use higher broiling temperatures where w/o K63 it would be a disaster. It is much the same with all thin walled ceramic cookers.

Matt I would not consider a rod firebox at this time. 2 or 3 pounds of K63 will make the rod firebox unnecessary. Do not use Rutland Cement. Since the firebox has been removed I would suggest coating both sides of the firebox. Remember not to apply K63 to the outer edge of the firebox or it will not fit onto the ledge in the base as it is a tight fit. By the way, you will NEVER have to replace your firebox. The most you might do in 7 to 10 years is to apply another pound or two of K63.

If the firebox could not be pieced together then a rod firebox works fine.

In my humble opinion I would apply K63 to your entire hot face or inside of the combustion chamber. That is, the inside lid and inside base above the firebox. This will give the Kamado excellent thermal protection as well as a little more wall thickness for additional heat retention and heat radiation inside the cooking chamber and in fact a little less outside surface temperature.

I seriously hope all our Kamado owners and other ceramic cookers will apply K63 as this simple and relative inexpensive maintenance WILL ABSOLUTELY insure a lifetime of Kooking and protect what has become a VERY expensive product to make and becoming much more expensive every day.

For those who would like a link to my amateur video demonstrating excessive temperatures and repair tests including applying K63 please be sure to update your email address to receive our Kamado Newsletter.

Casey
Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 2:11 pm:

Richard, would it be possible to just post the video here. I still haven't received the EK newsletter. Thanks Case
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:51 am    

Will the Real AMG13 please stand up?

Welcome AMG, how low will the johnsons sink to make a sale? I wonder who else they are posing as?
Porkchop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:37 am    

whoa. uncool.
amg13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:39 am    

Re: Will the Real AMG13 please stand up?

Unbelievable wrote:
Welcome AMG, how low will the johnsons sink to make a sale? I wonder who else they are posing as?

They have made up a whole new me...
Apparently I no longer have my K3? I just still post stuff and shill with links to Richards new K63 bullshit product...

There is a post from someone that was having a conversation with "me" and he asks where my replies went....I think "i" was arguing with him or something? I wonder what I said?
What a family ?
amg13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:29 pm    

So there is another post with my name...shilling... Mad

Can someone go on there and ask me How Ventura is?
or What kind of Engineering or Science I do?

I can not remeber my password...and I don't want to tip them off that I know what they are doing.

So the "amg13" on richards site has had finance problems?

Wow ...isn't that interesting ? .....what a Freudian slip...

How low...what a low life....
dwebb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 pm    

AMG13 post deleted

Smokinrod
Associate Member
Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 7:32 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Richardj, It is now approaching 4 months since I placed my order. I still have not received it nor have I received a response from my numerous e.mails to sales. There was however, no delay in cashing my check.

Amg13
Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 8:12 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Why was my reply to Smokinrod removed? I just suggested he not complain here and call or email customer service. Those are the rules aren't they? I appreciate being a member here and just want others to respect this forum.
amg13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:12 am    

Re: AMG13 post deleted

That is not me posting.
I wish i could remember my password.
I do not want to type a bunch of passwords in....I don't trust that site won't capture them.
Confused Sad

dwebb wrote:
Smokinrod
Associate Member

Richardj, It is now approaching 4 months since I placed my order. I still have not received it nor have I received a response from my numerous e.mails to sales. There was however, no delay in cashing my check.

Amg13

Why was my reply to Smokinrod removed? I just suggested he not complain here and call or email customer service. Those are the rules aren't they? I appreciate being a member here and just want others to respect this forum.
amg13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 am    

Re: AMG13 post deleted

I just found my password and posted on Kamado.
Let's see how long it takes for them to remove my new posts?
Creeps.

amg13 wrote:
That is not me posting.
I wish i could remember my password.
I do not want to type a bunch of passwords in....I don't trust that site won't capture them.
Confused Sad

dwebb wrote:
Smokinrod
Associate Member

Amg13

jchan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 am    

Seems odd they'd post this, delete it, then complain about the deletion. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing it seems...

Quote:

Amg13
Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 9:57 am:
Smokinrod, why don't you grow up? This isn't the place to vent your frustrations! Email customer service or Richard directly.
amg13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 am    

They really are dumb.
I should post some of the emails they sent me and all the back and forth emails I had with those daughters and Richard.....phew....

jchan wrote:
Seems odd they'd post this, delete it, then complain about the deletion. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing it seems...

Quote:

Amg13
Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 9:57 am:
Smokinrod, why don't you grow up? This isn't the place to vent your frustrations! Email customer service or Richard directly.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:04 am    

amg13 wrote:
They really are dumb.
I should post some of the emails they sent me and all the back and forth emails I had with those daughters and Richard.....phew....
I can't wait. Smile
amg13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:04 am    

Unbelievable wrote:
amg13 wrote:
They really are dumb.
I can't wait. Smile

They deleted my posts....and deleted my profile.
So someone is watching the forum.
Somehow I think they are still doing business???????????????
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:39 am    

They seem to keep the web site active to try to snare the odd deposit from an unsuspecting customer now and then. As long as the customer doesn't call the Nevada AG Office, they get to keep the money. They probably actually prefer now to have the forum be as dead as a doornail so there is less chance of word getting out that they are scam artists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: