Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Crisco on the backside

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:29 pm    

Crisco on the backside

Quote:
Oscarg1971
Associate Member
Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 7:48 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Have had my Cobalt Blue Kamado for almost nine years now. Has had typical wear and tear with seal and tiles. But the other day I was sliding out the draft door and the opening started to crumble away and bracket that holds the door/w gas in place, popped out along with chunks of the Kamado. Is this fixable? if so how? Or am I done with it??

-Oscar

(Message edited by oscarg1971 on September 27, 2010)

Rickf
Post Number: 413
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 10:00 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I've done some repair in this area on my K7.. You can use a Refactory Cement to rebuild the mounts if needed.. It's not particularly difficult if you take your time. You can thin out the refactory cement a little with some water -- at least you can with Rutlands IIRC and that will make it easier to work with if you find it too much of a clay consistency.

Richelle_j
Post Number: 88
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2010 - 12:30 pm:

Hey Oscar,
Sorry for not writing sooner, looks like Rickf pretty much summed it up for you. Very simple task, I might add that first you will want to clean the area in the base of old material to a smooth surface also the door frame that way it will not go in crooked. Then with a putty knife cover the base area opening with either the rutlands cement or you could order some material from us, then slide the draft door frame in with the draft door (but first put some crisco on the back side of the dd so it does not stick to the adhesive you use. This way you will get a proper fit, let dry for roughly 12 to 24 hrs, After the first drying you can remove the draft door and then pack the adhesive around the frame to make it more durable, if you do have any more questions please call and I will will explain further.
Deborah
Yep Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Customer Service Nightmares All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: