Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

For the collector of Kamado trivia.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:22 am    

For the collector of Kamado trivia.....

Quote:

Alanz
Post Number: 1243

Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 4:20 am:
Sawzall does fine. I've removed a damper top that was in the closed position. Takes only a couple of minutes, using only the last inch or so of a good metal cutting blade. Depending on the model/age of the cocker, you might find that one of the spider legs is hollow, while the others are solid.

"Hmm, is that a vintage '73 with dual blow-back carbureration, or the '74 with the triple pass-thru injection? Frankly, I've always been fond the of the '68s with their sometimes tempermental manually adjusted fuel trim valves. Of course, nothing can surpass the original '61 with the innovative self-regulating feedback scheme that was first showcased at the Paris auto show. Remember how they were relegated to the lower level of the exhibition hall because no believed there would be any interest? Those elevators nearly overheated and burst into flames from the crowds demanding to get down there and see it. Ahh, the memories..... "

Someone needs to be recording these details for posterity's sake, LMAO. One of the spider legs is hollow. Wow.
Gerard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:50 am    

Re: For the collector of Kamado trivia.....

Sorry Fish, hate to wreck a good rant, but having disassembled a K once (with a sledge hammer), I can vouch for the following:

RJ wrote:
Actually there are 3 hollow stainless steel tubes about 1 1/2 inches welded to the 3/4 inch nut in the center of the what we call the "triangle". Then there are three 1/2 inch s/s rods that are about 3 1/2 inches long that slide into the tubes and on the other end of the 1/2 rod slide into the 3 holes that are drilled in the neck of the Kamado lid.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 am    

I'm not questioning hollow tubes, just having fun with the thought that someone might actually give a sh*t which year had which "technology".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: