Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Kamado FF is tarnishing genuine business's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamadochef

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:03 pm    

Kamado FF is tarnishing genuine business's

Hi, not sure how to approach this...you guys have all been screwed over at some point by RJ and his K's and I wish you all the best in getting solutions...
BUT...Kamado as you know is not a TM or Reg TM its a Generic Japanese word that describes a type of cooker...and there are many other types and brands of cookers around that are all legit and are all really good, and don't have the issues you have with RJ. RJ has tarnished the name and word Kamado for sure, but this forum normally ranks better than his own website and the amount of FEAR that you drive into innocent prospecting customers is dramatic...they dont know the difference between the brands or companies, many are just trying to learn what a Kamado is....and your website make anything with the word Kamado seem illegal and dodgey...So what your actually doing is turning people away form Kamado cookers in general and all of the other business that sell genuine K's with the best intenetions.
Any thoughts on maybe changing the name to the RJ is crook website?
Got my Money back

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:37 am    

Respectfully disagree

kamadochef,
I disagree with your point of view.
Any person who ventures here will be able to determine the purpose of this site.
Many posts have clarifying statements regarding all brands of kamado style cookers.
Richard Johnson and his family are specifically named here for the egregious activities they have perpetrated on the public.
It is Richard who should clarify on his own site that he is not the patent holder on 'kamado' cookers and that he did not invent the name 'kamado'.

If any person leaves this site believing this site is dedicated to ruining any other business other than the one or ones Richard Johnson or his family run (of which there are MANY business names) then they obviously do not gather all the facts and read the whole story.
curly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:36 am    

If you read a post or two you will easily see that the intent of this website is to bring to light the fraudulent activities of Richard Johnson and family at www.kamado.com ...nothing more, nothing less.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 am    

Of course that assumes that some people are willing to read a post or two. I've always thought it would be better if the kff domain took you to a front page that explained what this is all about, with a link then to the forum index. But I agree, I doubt this forum is hurting anyone. The reason I'd like to see a front page is more so you could summarize the case against RJ, and then the forum is the place to discuss it and back it up with the information that has been dug up, etc.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 am    

fishtail-99 wrote:
I've always thought it would be better if the kff domain took you to a front page that explained what this is all about, with a link then to the forum index.

Well, who has time to set all that up? Razz

I also disagree with the assertion that this forum has any impact on ceramics in general. When you google "kamado" and find our link, it very specifically says "CONSUMER ALERT! This website documents the fraud, poor quality and poor customer service of Richard Johnson and Kamado.com." I don't think your average user would be confused as to the point of this site.

Additionally, it took a lot of time and effort to get our page ranked as highly as it is; we certainly would not want to start from scratch with a new name-- that's just silly.

Time and again we hear "Oh, I wish I had found your site before I sent RJ my money." The last thing we want is to be MORE obscure.

We love ceramics and will continue to direct buyers to "anyone except RJ". Cool
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:22 pm    

Re: Kamado FF is tarnishing genuine business's

kamadochef wrote:
...RJ has tarnished the name and word Kamado for sure, but this forum normally ranks better than his own website...

What search engine are you and your customers using? We're never higher than 3rd on Google, Bing, Yahoo, AltaVista, or DogPile. The Kamado Company's site is ALWAYS first.

kamadochef wrote:
... the amount of FEAR that you drive into innocent prospecting customers is dramatic...

To the best of my knowledge, yours is the first company to allege any deleterious impact on business. Most seem very pleased to have a 3rd party site that makes the differences so discernible. In fact, one company began their initial marketing efforts as the un-Kamado tiled cooker and it was frequently this site that seemed to drive that campaign, though certainly not our intent here. I daresay that before this site was founded the Kamado Co did (and would still do) far more damage to sales by other companies that chose to use the term "kamado" in their name and marketing if it weren't for this site having greatly curtailed their impact on the ceramic cooker market.

kamadochef wrote:
..they dont know the difference between the brands or companies, many are just trying to learn what a Kamado is....and your website make anything with the word Kamado seem illegal and dodgey...So what your actually doing is turning people away form Kamado cookers in general and all of the other business that sell genuine K's with the best intenetions...

I was going to totally blow off your concern, but I bet you're right; there are plenty of really stupid people out there and if they see the words "kamado" and "fraud" in the same phrase, they may form a negative association. But seriously, if they're that stupid, they really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a flame.

kamadochef wrote:
Any thoughts on maybe changing the name to the RJ is crook website?

Don't hold your breath.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:33 pm    

I think what is more damaging to ceramic "kamado" grills is if someone actually buys a Kamado from the Kamado Company and 6 months later the tiles fall off, it cracks or they get terrrible service. This will turn off the smart ceramic cookers if they have not seen this site. It also gives the false impression that all ceramic cookers are built that terribly. Trust me this site gets more praise for helping people who are seriously considering purchasing a ceramic grill to find the right manufacturer(s) to buy from.
kamadochef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm    

Thanks for comments, I don't know what the answer really is, all I know is that I do trade show in front of thousands of people (which costs me HEAPS)and demonstrate a great 'kamado' style cooker....people go home and then 'google' the word 'kamado' and on the 1st page they will see this site, (luckly my site ranks higher here in Aust) ...then if they read the site they MAY work out thats its a totally seperate issue or they MAY just scared in general that some of the issues may come accross all style K cookers, and just forget the concept of ever owning one at all.
See everyone on here knows what a K is and knows of the reputable branded K's so its cool (they may wish they new the other brands first!) but the average punter thats 999% of the population has no idea what a K is...click on this site and the fear alone will stop them in their tracks.
Maybe its call the site the Richard Johnson Kamado USA Fraud site, as to my knowledge no one in Australia has ever been burnt by him, or its have a really basic front page that quickly highlights who the site is aimed at...after all its Richard Johnson that your beef (or Pork!) is with not Kamado's ....which I guess sumarises my point...you all like Kamado style cookers its just RJ that you want to bake.... (I have wasted many an hour researching him in the past) his history actualy made me very apprehensive of getting into these cookers full stop!....maybe write a movie based on him and make millions,,, the concrete cookers, stolen yachts, disbanded Indonesian factorys and all the other twists could be quite a movie..throw some violence and sexy bits in there and hollywood here we come!..you could actualy turn this around into a positive!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 pm    

This is you right?

www.kamadocookers.com.au

How about changing your name and adding Grill Dome?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:24 am    

Or better yet, put a nice big splashy banner on the front of your site saying that you are not affiliated in any way with Richard Johnson and his shady business practices.
KamadyKooking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm    

Certainly there is no need to change the websites name, but fishtail's idea of an introductory page with more details than what shows up on google might be a good idea.

So to the best of Gerard's ability no one has ever complained before. Well you got your first one now. As for the other snide remarks in that one, well I might as well been reading juvenile smart-ass remarks from a teen dissing someone on Youtube comments. Now you got me doing it.

Most others here seem too insulated from the newbie perspective to see that kamadochef has a legitimate concern. It's only because of his career, business and employees that he's here to alert you.

You guys really rolled out the welcome mat for a new poster, especially for one who is in the business and not just a consumer.
Got my Money back

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:26 am    

I just Google'd "kamado".

This is seventh from the top:
Kamado Fraud :: Index
CONSUMER ALERT! This website documents the fraud, poor quality and poor customer service of Richard Johnson and Kamado.com.

The verbiage clearly states the web site is targeted at Richard Johnson and kamado.com.

If everyone were to assume accountability for themselves and understand what they are reading, consuming, doing, etc.. this world would be a better place.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:04 am    

My suggestion was that KamadoChef put that information on HIS website, fwiw...
Gerard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:31 pm    

KamadyKooking wrote:

...As for the other snide remarks in that one, well I might as well been reading juvenile smart-ass remarks from a teen dissing someone on Youtube comments....

Yep.

An outlandish request was met with sarcasm.

Go figure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: