Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

My deposit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBQ master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:04 pm    

My deposit

Here's what's happened:
On 4/28/10 I sent a 50% deposit check for $1063.04 to Richelle Johnson. Once they received my check I have not heard from them and they won't return my calls or emails. Oh, wait I did get one email from Richard with an apology for poor response and a BOL (Bill of Lading). At that time he stated that my BBQ was picked up by the shipper, YEA RIGHT. The BOL had no tracking # and when I called the shipping company they never heard of the company.
They have a guy named Tony that now answers the phone and supposedly calls Richelle, YEA RIGHT.

She says the BBQ fell off the truck and they supposedly have to make another one YEA RIGHT.

They have my money and I've missed half of the summer without any BBQing. I just want my money back so I can at least BBQ for my 2 son's birthday coming up.

If they respond to this and send me back my money I would be willing to write an apology in this forum. I don't think that's likely to happen though.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:16 pm    

Greetings

I would just take a trip to Vegas and get my refund in person. Wink
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm    

As I said in another thread, you don't need to apologize to liars. A phony bill of lading is a lie. The "fell of a truck" story is a lie.
BBQ master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm    

my deposit

I just wonder if they really have an office.

I googled the address and it seems it's a parking lot of a big box store.

This is why they don't want phone numbers to be blocked. That way then can see who's calling and they don't have to answer it if it's a customer.

I have never actually talked to Richelle in person. Sad
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:58 pm    

We suspect that they are totally out of the charcoal and cooker business. They may have a small inventory of parts and RJ's super wonder M63F or whatever he is calling it lately. When somebody makes a fuss about a charcoal basket, I think they wait until the last possible moment before they ship them one of their few remaining in stock. They live in a house in Las Vegas and can't find any signs of them having any sort of facilities left. So, we think they keep the website going to pull in more fish and take their money. They will probably keep it up until someone finally pursues legal action to a conclusion.
BBQ master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 pm    

taking action

I do plan to take legal action. Right now I'm giving them 10 business days to respond (and I use the term "business" lightly). After that they will spend some time in court.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:32 pm    

Re: taking action

BBQ master wrote:
I do plan to take legal action. Right now I'm giving them 10 business days to respond (and I use the term "business" lightly). After that they will spend some time in court.
Don't give them any business days to respond. Save time and send a hand delivered refund demand now!
tcoliver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 am    

Ha, it fell off a truck, I think thats a new one. Yeah I wouldn't appologize even if you do get a refund. They knew they were steeling from you the minute they cashed your check and they were laughing at you while they did it. These scumbags don't deserve any type of apology. They are flat out lying thieves who deserve nothing but to be put in jail. Don't feel like you have done anything wrong by posting here, they are the criminals and you have done nothing wrong.

Their address is a mailbox store that is in a strip mall. Its not actually an office.
davidmk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:52 am    

In response
I sent a 50% deposit on the 21st of March 2010. I have all of the bank details (Nevada State Bank) sitting right here. That has been the last I have seen of my $992USD.

If you need more information email me privately. I'd like to know these guys are heading for court and hopefully jail - fraud is still an offense in the US isn't it?

Good luck
David

BBQ master wrote:
kdbrink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:17 pm    

fishtail-99 wrote:
We suspect that they are totally out of the charcoal and cooker business. They may have a small inventory of parts and RJ's super wonder M63F or whatever he is calling it lately. When somebody makes a fuss about a charcoal basket, I think they wait until the last possible moment before they ship them one of their few remaining in stock..

My parts order was for a charcoal basket, and it took me getting banned from the K forum to finally get my order shipped.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:20 pm    

I am glad to hear you received your order KD. Number one of two remaining in richard's apartment. (that was for you Curly) Embarassed

Good idea to dump your POSK, it's just a liability anyway. Just for fun how a bout posting a picture of that good ol' kamado kwality charcoal basket? Wink
kdbrink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:13 pm    

Unbelievable wrote:
I am glad to hear you received your order KD. Number one of two remaining in richard's apartment. (that was for you Curly) Embarassed

Good idea to dump your POSK, it's just a liability anyway. Just for fun how a bout posting a picture of that good ol' kamado kwality charcoal basket? Wink

I've already thrown it away. Anyway, I'm dumping my K. It was a good ride while it lasted. I was lucky and got one of the Sacramento units. 10 years later, I'm donating it to our kids. I'm buying a MAK pellet grill. Good riddance Kamado Co.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:44 pm    

Happy Trails.........

Don't forget us KD. Wink
kdbrink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:15 pm    

Re: Happy Trails.........

Unbelievable wrote:
Don't forget us KD. Wink

Oh, you can be assured that I'll be around just to enjoy the show!
Barriere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:15 pm    

[quote="BBQ master"]I do plan to take legal action. Right now I'm giving them 10 business days to respond (and I use the term "business" lightly). After that they will spend some time in court.[/quote]

How did it finally work out for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: