View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:22 am    

Coal Porter's K3 saga:

Quote:
Coal_porter
Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2010 - 6:01 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Back story...

about 5 years ago I ordered (and received after longer than a year of waiting) a K7. I have enjoyed it a lot, I even posted here and looked up many recipes. I have purchased charcoal a few times since then.

I recall reading a ton of posts by people who were unhappy for one reason or another about poor customer service and not getting their calls returned, etc. At some point later, a guy named Tony was hired, and all that was supposed to change.

I ordered a K3 as a gift for a good friend, and put a deposit down of $264.70 on November 1st, 2008, and despite calling and emailing many times, have not been able to get the K3 delivered, nor have I been able to get a refund, which I have adamantly asked for several times.

NO one will return my call, and the two times I have actually caught Tony on the phone in person, he has said he would look into it, claiming he did not have the authority to issue a refund, and he promised to call me back. He has not done so either time.

So below I have copied my most recent email to them, but before posting that I wish to say that to anyone who will criticize me for posting this here, please realize that Richard, Richelle, Laura and Tony have given me no other choice, by literally ignoring my numerous efforts to contact them by phone and email. I imagine this post will be deleted, and my user account removed before long, but I hope at least some of you will read this before that does happen.

I will continue to pursue this, and will never let it drop. I hope anyone else here considering buying a Kamado read my email quoted below before spending your hard earned money.

Here is the last email I wrote (May 10th, 2010):

Tony, Richelle, and Richard,

I am extremely disappointed in your company's lack of follow through regarding a K3 I ordered and put a deposit on well approximately a year and a half ago (Nov. 1st, 2008). Repeated attempts at resolving this, including several emails to Tony which were never responded to, as well as two conversations on the phone with Tony, both of which he was supposed to get back to me within a day, and never did, have made me finally give up on you as a company. I ordered a K7 several years ago, but that was not without a terribly long wait, and frankly a good deal of atrocious customer service. I have avoided writing anything negative on your forum, but really, this lack of fair treatment from you is beyond belief, and unforgivable.

I also regret ever recommending that my cousin, Dominique S***, order a Kamado from you as she has also had terrible lack of communication and follow through from you. She will be seeking a refund as well.

My friend, Eric Sch***, who this K3 was to be a gift for, told me that if he doesn't have a delivery date promise from you by tomorrow (Tuesday), that he wants me to cancel the order and get a refund, and buy a Green Egg, or some other competitor's product. I can't blame him under the circumstances. I left a message for Tony over the weekend imploring him to respond by email or phone by today, and he did neither.

Please issue me a refund on my deposit immediately. Please respond to this email to confirm that you have received this and will refund me immediately.

For your recollection, here is an email Richelle sent to me on February 2nd, 2009 regarding this matter (yes, 2009!):

"Hello Anthony,
Eric will only billed for the shipping fee and he has the option to pick the Kamado up at the local terminal or have it delivered directly to his residence. You paid the deposit of $264.70 on Nov. 1st 2008. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Richelle Johnson
Kamado Company"

Enough is enough. Refund my money immediately.

Furiously,
Anthony

I feel this belongs here.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:25 pm    

The saga continues:

Quote:
Coal_porter
Post Number: 47

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 2:02 pm:

Richelle,

Earlier in this thread, on June 1st, you told me and George that Richard would have a response to my complaint shortly. Richard never did respond to my complaint either by email or by posting here.

Over a week ago you said that a refund check would be mailed to me ASAP. I have not received that refund yet.

The US mail is quite fast, so there's no reason that I shouldn't have received your check by now, if you really were going to send it.

I mentioned my cousin in my first post, who is also seeking a refund from you for the exact same reasons I am. You have had her deposit for over a year now, and have failed to produce or communicate any intentions of producing her Kamado.

She emailed me today saying she continues to have no success in getting through to your company, or getting returned emails or phone calls from anyone at the Kamado Company.

It appears to be clear that all of your promises to me are simply false, and it certainly seems as if I will never see a refund.

If you really do intend to send me a refund, how about giving me a public promise, right here on this forum, that you will send out a refund to me on a particular day via an express method that has a tracking number. How about using Federal Express, and then posting all the details here for everyone to see.

You can even deduct the cost of the Federal Express shipping fee from the refund you owe me, just so that there is no excuse that my suggestion is not a fair one.

Well, how about it? Are you going to show all of your past and current customers as well as any potential future customers that as a company your word is not to be trusted, or will you do the right thing?

I am sure I am not the only one who will be curious to see your response to my proposal.

Still furious that I have to continue to waste my time seeking the money you owe me,

Anthony

Coal Porter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 pm    

Well it was inevitable. I'm not surprised, but I am angry that I can no longer post the truth on their forum.

My account was finally suspended, and my last post was deleted. Dick lived up to his name, and has chosen to defraud me out of my refund rather than responding to my complaints and refunding me money as promised by his daughter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: