Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Barking up the wrong tree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 am    

Barking up the wrong tree

Quote:
Jemenake
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 5:04 pm:

I'm trying to figure out how to replicate the two-tone paint on my textured kamados. The recesses are black, I believe, and the raised "flats" are kinda orange. I can only think of two ways to do it:

1) "Paint Recesses First": Paint entire kamado black with brush or spray. Then, paint the raised flats orange by applying it with a very stiff sponge or anything else that won't squish into the recesses.

2) "Paint Flats First": Paint entire kamado orange. Then, doing a patch at a time, brush on some black and immediately wipe the raised flats clean with a clean cloth.

I was wondering what success people have had with either of these techniques.

Quote:

Richardj
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 7:31 pm:

Jemenake, you must have one of my old Japanese Kamados. Seems you have a good idea one either 1 or 2. Most just repaint with just a solid color with high temperature pain. Good luck!

Quote:
Jemenake
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 11:39 pm:

Actually I have *two* of them... of the really old ones, the ones with the little handles on the sides of the lids.

So, no chance of you telling how you got the original two-tone finish on them originally?

Sorry, but no, Jemenake. You see, part of RJ's lie is that he was the original manufacturer, when in fact he was just an importer. He has no idea what they did.

Confused
kdbrink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm    

Re: Barking up the wrong tree

Admin wrote:
Sorry, but no, Jemenake. You see, part of RJ's lie is that he was the original manufacturer, when in fact he was just an importer. He has no idea what they did.

Confused

That's really funny, but unfortunately true!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: