Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

More BS from Richard Johnson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:56 am    

More BS from Richard Johnson

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2509

Posted on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 4:57 pm:
Have any of you that have meat hangers every tried cooking with the "Shawarma" or "Suadero" taco method? This is a vertical, gyro or hanging method. If you do, I would appreciate it very much if you would email me at richardj@kamado.com or post any information on this forum. Thanks very much.

We have #9's with meat hangers being used for "Shawarma" commercially in Greece, UAR, Qatar with orders for the #11 as the #9 will "only" cook about 75 pounds at a time. Normally they cook 30kg (66 lbs) of beef and about the same of lamb (66 lbs)in the 2nd #9 a evening. Often they mix the meats. Some use a 3rd #9 for warming or searing. Most of these chefs use our smokeless charcoal (extruded coconut, lump, or extruded lump) and use the “slow and low” method overnight and sometimes use a temperature controller.

Unfortunately this is about all I know of the methods or preparation other than they find using our heavy walled Kamados easier and extremely will liked by their customers and guests over the shawarma machines used before or in conjunction with the Kamados. A few pictures of presently used machines that I am sure many of you visited and tasted in countries all over the world where they are widely used.

I am awaiting some pictures of our Kamado shawarmas being used but none of the chefs are too happy about giving up the secrets.

I am looking forward to any of you that have tried this method of Kooking and would share your information for all of us who don’t have a clue. I am sure any size of our thick walled Kamados would work with the meat hanger accessory.

Richard

This post is incredible. Look at the activity on his forum. What chance is there of any of the few fanboys left that they are going to be able to give advice to restaurant chefs on using the meat hanger to cook meat like the chefs are doing? How many of those fanboys are cooking 70 pounds of meat in their kookers? And RJ says he has ALL those restaurants cooking like this, yet NOT A SINGLE ONE will give him a photo? Exactly what secrets would be divulged by simply having a photo of a number 9 sitting in a restaurant with the chef standing next to it? RJ is simply blowing smoke trying to make his forum appear active and trying to fool a whole new generation of potential fanboys into thinking that they can buy the same cooker that you can find in all these (alleged) exotic restaurants. What BS!

Come on RJ! Step up to the challenge. Name those restaurants. Let's see their websites. If their customers like it so much, the restaurants must be advertising their spiffy extra-special top-secret cookers!
Nerka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:28 am    

You forgot that they are also using his smokeless charcoal. That right there is another big tip off that he is lying.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:03 am    

RJ is trying to innovate again........

Funny that doesn't look like a kamado anymore than that guy looks like rj. There are mexican restuarants in my area that make "Al Pastor" with these. They usually put a pineapple on top. As it slowly spins the heat makes the pineapple juice drip down on the meat. It would be difficult and troublesome to try and make "Tacos Al Pastor" with a #9 that doesn't spin in order to carve the meat off. It would also be pointless since what they are useing already works great and is cheaper. As if he could or would even supply charcoal to these guys. Why don't we ever hear foreigners complaining lately? If he really had any "new" commercial foreign kustomers they would be. Rolling Eyes

In the picture below you can't see but this unit is connected at the top with a mechanism that makes it turn slowly. This one appears to be charcoal fired where the one above has a heating element. Can you imagine trying to duplicate this on a POS#9 or worse yet a #11 with that bulky cement lid in the way? Laughing
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 am    

Quote:
Mark
Post Number: 673

Posted on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 6:32 pm:
I don't think any of us have that much meat hanging, Richard. Wink

That's right, Mark. Only someone named DICK would have that much meat hanging.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:52 am    

Maybe this will discourage rj. But I doubt it.

Quote:
Jeffm
Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 9:42 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Shawarma is a delicious meal, but it can be deadly.

I contracted Salmonella "D" after eating turkey shawarma at a very popular eatery experienced and known for its preparation. Problem is, this method of cooking makes it very difficult to keep the meat at the required safe temperature more than a fraction of an inch below the exposed surface--especially chicken and turkey. Once you shave below that surface, your in salmonella territory. For two months, I was under scrutiny by the health department and was sicker than I ever want to be and live. I'm sure many will scoff, but I will never eat it again whether cooked on a Kamado or any cooking device and regularly discourage anyone else from doing so. For all its charm and appeal, it is an exceedingly dangerous dish to prepare and cook, and is statistically responsible for the largest number of food poisoning cases annually.

Just shawar you know.

Quote:
rj's twin: Sorry to hear of your troubles Jeff. That's why we want to convince these chefs to use our kamado's. They will cook the food to a safe temperature and retain the moisture in the meat. Thanks to our portland cinder mix and ashless, smokeless, and heatless charcoal.

Say No to Shawarma's! Razz
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 am    

Told ya..........

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2510
Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 11:33 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Jeffm, thanks for information on your warning and close call. This is exactly why these restaurants are starting to use our heavy walled Kamados rather than the open flame method shown in the pictures above. Like you mentioned, below the surface, if not cooked is in bad territory using these shawarma type open machines. By Kooking low and slow for the proper length of time, as shown by internal meat thermometers, I understand this safety problem is prevented.

I do understand that they use the #9 Kamado for doing the "cooking" but is carved and served from the shawarma or suadero machine. I am suggesting that the entire cook and serving be done in the kamado where temperature can better be controlled. Of course, as I mentioned I have little or no first hand experience YET.

I thank you and many others that have helped my learning curve. There are 100's of millions of citizens from most all of the countries in the world eating shawarma, suadero and their countries name, every day. Including myself in the Middle East, Central America and SE Asia. In Ensenada we all had Suadero tacos or beef tacos 3 or 4 times a week. The fact that all of us has lived through this is probably a bit of luck, but Kooking in a Kamado would make it safer and BETTER.
Rolling Eyes
kristamat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:23 am    

Can I ask a stupid question? RJ says this:

This is exactly why these restaurants are starting to use our heavy walled Kamados rather than the open flame method shown in the pictures above.

How - exactly - are restaurants starting to use his heavy walled K's when he's not even making and delivering them? Maybe it's just that I'm not able to connect the dots with my big red crayon, but in my little corner of the world you can't use what you pay for but don't receive.

~k.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:13 pm    

And if restaurants are starting to use them, why can't he get a photo? Could it be that they don't exist, like Kristamat suggests?

Notice that his latest post on the safety of eating Shawarma thanks the many people who helped his "learning curve." He asked his question only 3 days ago, nobody responded with any information, yet he has made such magnificent progress! He must have a secret network of fanboys who don't post, huh?

My guess is that he's lying.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 pm    

Of course, it is pathetic that since it is obvious from the Kamado forum that he isn't selling any cookers to customers, he is now trying to make believe that he is selling his cookers to exotic gourmet restaurants. Maybe RJ is losing focus on his main customer set? Falling victim to the allure of the high end five star glamour and glitzy restaurant world? LMAO. You know, he is Las Vegas, home to many world famous restaurants. You'd think he would have a cooker or two in one of them? And, we haven't heard any more about his TV show, have we? More LMAO.
tcoliver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:40 pm    

Theres no way RJ wrote that, there a no typos, its my guess that a fanboy is fabricating this stuff to try to save his investment.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:56 pm    

Well, that last paragraph is a bit weak. Does RJ typically not capitalize "kamado"? You would think he would treat his own product name with more respect. Why, misusing the name would tend to invalidate the trademark that he claims to have, but doesn't. And does he typically use that silly "start-every-word-that-begins-with-C-with-a-K-instead" stuff?
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:09 pm    

Tony maybe?

fishtail-99 wrote:
Well, that last paragraph is a bit weak. Does RJ typically not capitalize "kamado"? You would think he would treat his own product name with more respect. Why, misusing the name would tend to invalidate the trademark that he claims to have, but doesn't. And does he typically use that silly "start-every-word-that-begins-with-C-with-a-K-instead" stuff?

Laughing Say No to Suadero's!
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:58 am    

Don't mess with rj

Quote:
Jeffm
Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 9:02 pm:

While it's true that many eat shawarma every day with no problem, the potential for serious illness exists, nevertheless. And thousands do get sick. Salmonella "D" is not just a simple 24-hour belly ache, it's a serious illness that can cause lasting damage (my lawyer will be happy to provide the details). Many people who do get sick--incubation time is about 48 hours--can't always identify the source, so the culprit often slips under their radar.

What is exciting about using the Kamado in cooking this kind of dish is the opportunity to create a new, safer preparation technique. The combination of artfully layering the meats along with a more consistent heat source will be a positive upgrade.

Even if it doesn't preserve the exact history of shawarma, cooking it on the Kamado will, hopefully, be far less likely to make you sick for months, years or life. I, for one, welcome the idea.

It must be noted that Salmonella "D" is not a new classification of salmon.

All right then...

Now Jeff says that he is "excited" and "welcomes the idea". Does this mean Jeff has changed his mind? Don't forget what he said in the above post: "I'm sure many will scoff, but I will never eat it again whether cooked on a Kamado or any cooking device and regularly discourage anyone else from doing so." Wink
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:04 am    

Quote:
Richardj
Post Number: 2511

Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 5:37 pm:
In the last few days I have had a chance to talk to some of the chefs that often cook the shawarma method in our #9's and VERY casually asked them about salmonella protection. Before I made a fool out of myself by telling or cautioning them to cook to an internal temperature of at least 75 C or 167 F, I realized they they are some if the finest cooks in the world with 5 star hotel reputation (and liability) at stake. By being as courteous as possible they said they are ALWAYS cautious of food safety. In other words for me to make Kamados to their design and they will do the proper cooking!

Gee whilikers, Dick, did you ask them for some photos so we can see these 5 star chefs actually using your #9s? And WOW, Dick! I thought you designed your cookers. You mean to tell me that you are now letting 5-star chefs design your cookers? Does this mean you will stop using Portland cement? Does this mean the tiles will stop falling off? Does this mean your cookers will stop crumbling? Does this mean you will start honoring your warrantee? Does this mean you will finally pay The BBQ Guru company the $10,000 you stole from them? Does this mean you will pay Tony Oliver the $40,000 you stole from him? Does this mean you will raise the Nam Sang, restore it to its previous condition and give it back to the owners that you stole it from? Huh? Does it?

(Anybody know why Dick doesn't answer our questions?)
curly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 am    

"See Dick run"...or was it spot?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: