Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Weight of New Extruded Coconut Boxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:46 pm    

Weight of New Extruded Coconut Boxes

Here are a couple of new posts to sink your teeth into........
Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2467
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 4:10 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
We weighed a sample of 20 boxes of the container that just arrived and they are all 19 pounds or over 19 pounds. The poxes have 16.5 pounds which is wrong and meant to mislead no one. Con-way is now weighing over 70% of all Kamado shipments. We used to get a little slack in the shipment weights.....no more. We must be accurate on all our shipment weights.

We are still charging $8.99 a box fob San Diego but the additional weight might change the total shipping charge a little depending upon the weight bracket the shipment falls in.

For those who have received their new KEC, including the last 4 days of our cooking with the KEC, it is clearly the best. The briquettes are hard and look like they are "hand made" which they are. The hole in the center is a little smaller and the briquettes are a little longer, hence the higher weight. 100% pure coconut shell charcoal.

As soon as we quit eating and Kooking, we will post some close up pictures of the KEC.

Quote:
Thepidler
Post Number: 417
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 12:24 pm:

What's the chance of getting some Koal down here in good ol' DFW? Anyone want to share a pallet?

The_handler
Post Number: 168
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:22 am:

Hi Greg,
I've posted twice over the last 18 months trying to get a pallet going with no interest whatsoever. I'm thinking that will still be the case. If you would be interested in seeing what kind of shipment we could manage ourselves - please PM me. I'm willing to spend a few bills to get me a stash of coal

Now anyone want to wager on whether they ever get any charcoal from RJ's imaginary new shipment. Laughing
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:13 am    

The pieces are bigger, so the box weighs more? WTF? If the pieces are bigger, you can't fit as many in the box! RJ has been sniffing glue again.... And the pieces look hand made? He admits this is hand made? So it isn't extruded anymore? Wow, what a mess....
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 am    

I like the part where he says Conway is weighing all their shipments now. I guess they are wise to your game, RJ - be glad they accept your goods at all!
tcoliver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:04 pm    

I think he is refering to the hole being smaller, hence more mass in the briquet.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:42 pm    

I just noticed he refers to "the poxes". How true! LOL.

BTW, he has used this "longer pieces mean boxes weigh more" argument before. I love the man, lol.
gladididnt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:23 pm    

The extra 3.5 lbs is the water that leaked thru the container, which causes the mold that is ok to inhale and cook with.
No extra charge for the mold!!!
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 pm    

That raises an interesting question...

What if this is the old shipment of moldy coal he is trying to pawn off? its had, what, 2 more years of mold growth? How much mass can mold grow in 2 years - 3 pounds??? Razz

Can you imagine cracking open your first box to find it full of mushrooms and fungus Twisted Evil
gladididnt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:19 am    

Homer say's

mmmmmmm-mushrooms
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Charcoal K-tastrophy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: