Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Parts for #5 if you are looking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chichimo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 am    

Parts for #5 if you are looking

didn't see any need to post my story regarding my trials with the company..everyone seems to have the same story with just slightly different variations....anyway,suffice to say my #5 has bit the dust and am throwing out the bottom, split through and through, but i have a perfectly good top half, damper top, hinges, bands damper door, ...everything except the bottom half and the assorted stuff in the bottom half, fire box etc has long ago bit the dust, essentially disintegrated .....this has the cobalt blue tiles, and all are intact on the top half....if anyone is interested let me know, otherwise will convert what i can to a planter or some other use. located in Seattle.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 am    

Don't sell yourself short. It is vital that prospective victims of RJ's read the constant stream of horror stories and realize that it is indeed a constant stream of horror stories.
chichimo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:29 am    

fishtail-99 wrote:
Don't sell yourself short. It is vital that prospective victims of RJ's read the constant stream of horror stories and realize that it is indeed a constant stream of horror stories.

not that i am selling myself short, ...just that anything i might write i doubt by the time they edited it to make it fit for public consumption i really don't think there would be anything left....sufficient to say that just thinking about all the crap i have experienced with that @#^%$()$#@^ bunch of jerks down south makes me more pissed off than i need to be!!!!! and allows me the luxury of colorful language that need not be printed here.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:08 am    

Welcome Chichimo.........

Quote:
not that i am selling myself short, ...just that anything i might write i doubt by the time they edited it to make it fit for public consumption i really don't think there would be anything left....
I think Fishtail meant it would be a good idea to post it here. Richard reads here everyday and there are many prospective buyers who have been diverted to other ceramic sites after they read the stories here. To my knowledge there really isn't a need to edit here. So if you can't post your story there then post it here. If you do have a kamado forum account that's still active I would post it. Just let us know so we can retrieve it before it get's deleted. That is unless you don't want to get kicked out for some reason? Thanks Wink
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:26 am    

Im curious what you used for a firebox after it disintegrated? Mine fell apart too.
chichimo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:29 pm    

Nemesis wrote:
Im curious what you used for a firebox after it disintegrated? Mine fell apart too.

i made a ring out of stainless screen/mesh which was about an 1/8 inch stick, had a bowed handle made out stainless rod, and had little out stretched legs that allowed the ring to wedge into place....thus providing a platform to burn the charcoal at the proper height....the handle allowed me to just lift out the 'fire box' and clean off the ash and to clean the bottom of the cooker....
worked pretty good till finally the bottom just cracked too much, and ash would leak out the crack lines of the bottom.
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm    

Will a large BGE firebox fit a #5 POSK?

Probably very difficult to assess without actually getting one and trying it out.

Of course, that would be a crappy thing to do to a quality firebox. Poor thing would think it's died and gone to the bad place. Might just crack as its heart breaks in two.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm    

I still think a smokey joe would make a fine firebox.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 pm    

Admin wrote:
How would it work or fit? Confused
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:15 pm    

Actually, it would make a fine grill compared to the cement POS! Razz
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 pm    

Unbelievable wrote:
Admin wrote:
How would it work or fit? Confused

Take out the firebox, insert smokey joe. Razz
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:17 am    

Would you have to cover the smokey joe with M6x? Rolling Eyes
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:20 am    

"Firebowl"

I went to Wal Mart and bought an eight quart thick stainless steel mixing bowl for six bucks. I drilled some 5/16 holes in the bottom. I will also add a few 1 inch holes in the side for more air flow. It fits into the exsisting egg ceramic firebox really good and it's deep enough to hold lots of charcoal. I took out my broken egg firebox and fire ring so I am using the " Firebowl" alone suspended by side brackets. Just take it out and shake it out. Refill and cook. It's a nice set up but I can't post pictures right now. Anyway I hope this helps anyone dealing with firebox issues.
tskyrocket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:49 pm    

#5 Damper Top

I'm interested in the damper top. My Cobalt #5 one disintegrated at the same time the tiles started to fall off a year ago. The whole thing is shrouded shamefully under a tarp, but a replacement damper would save me some MacGyvering a new one. Then I need to find time to sluff off the rest of the tiles, fill the cracks, and put the tiles back on!
Thanks.

Tony
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:39 am    

Free!!!!!

If anyone wants a free broken firebox, grate insert and firering. The firebox is a small project for someone that doesn't want to buy one. It's 16 inches wide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Sales, Parts, and Repairs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: