Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

What an Epiphany!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suckeredbyrj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:42 am    

What an Epiphany!

As of last year I was a happy Kamado owner. I got my unit years ago by a friend whom added my order to his. I received my Kamado and it has given me good service ever since. I sold a neighbor on the virtues of my cooker and together we placed additional orders. I have about $1600 in down money hanging out there and my friend about half that.

It's been over a year now, and with Kamado refusing to communicate for the majority of that. I managed to get an email back from RJ after legally threatening him about 6 months ago. It appears that I got the standard, "your unit is about to ship" email and a request for a tile color change which I agreed to.

Since then, nothing. My friend found this site and I had my Epiphany last night - man what a shock. Long story short, I'm pissed and I'm ready to go to work. I'm double pissed because not only has RJ taken my money, but I've had my Kamado bubble popped as well. Overnight I've gone from having a first class cooker to having a hunk of concrete which is the result of efforts on behalf of some half-baked criminal schmuck. My food will never taste the same now. It's time to go from this bitter taste to the sweet taste of pay back.

If one disturbed schmuck can wreak so much havoc, what can the united voice of 190 voices do? I can't help but think that there must be some sort of recourse above a public forum that can serve this man out.

suckeredbyrj
curly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:22 am    

Idea

It's bitter sweet when the illumination occurs isn't it?
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:32 am    

How did you send the money? A check by mail? You can file a claim for postal fraud. You could have your lawyer send him a letter. He's in the US now and subject to be served for a lawsuit.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:54 am    

"Welcome to the club!"

I know, not very encouraging. Wink

You know, we do focus on RJ quite a bit, but the man is over 80 years old. His daughters Laura and Richelle are neck deep in this, too. RJ is definitely the voice of Kamado, but the daughters are the active agents at this point. Not a revelation, but if anyone finds a legal recourse against Kamado, those two MUST be included. It's their names in the corporate registry. They ought to consider what they want their future credit and criminal records to contain.

Confused
The Spanker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 am    

Re: What an Epiphany!

suckeredbyrj wrote:
If one disturbed schmuck can wreak so much havoc, what can the united voice of 190 voices do? I can't help but think that there must be some sort of recourse above a public forum that can serve this man out.

Perhaps.

I worry that for all the good this forum does, it sometimes dissuades victims from pursuing the Johnsons more aggressively. This forum can be a wet blanket... we bitch and moan about how hard it is to get justice, e.g., he flees the country, he lives in Nevada, he hides behind a half dozen corporate entities, he's broke - there's nothing worth going after... and we mutually arrive at the conclusion that it's not worth the time and expense to recover a thousand or two thousand dollar loss, etc.

If you're motivated and have the resources, tear him a new one.

It might take that to convince the Johnsons to stop taking deposits on orders they can't remotely expect to fulfill, at least not in a timely manner.
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 am    

I think that lately there has been a lot of encouragement for people to take formal action against RJ when he takes their money and doesn't deliver their cookers. It's pretty obvious that until someone does, RJ and his daughters are going to continue this scam as long as they can.
curly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 am    

fishtail-99 wrote:
I think that lately there has been a lot of encouragement for people to take formal action against RJ when he takes their money and doesn't deliver their cookers. It's pretty obvious that until someone does, RJ and his daughters are going to continue this scam as long as they can.

And why not, it's put them through college (at least 1 of them) and financed a lifestyle they've been quite comfortable with.
kristamat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:31 am    

Yes, I was also suckered by RJ. That would be Richelle Johnson. Richard has had nothing to do with my order and my stolen money, but Richelle sure did. So I have to agree with our Admin on this one. Richard's an old dude who's gonna keel over one of these days, but his legacy of fraud and production of crappy POSK's (ok, technically it's a lack of production of POSK's but you get the idea) lives on in his thieving, lying daughters and wife. It's disgusting.

~k.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Rip-Off Reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: