Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

So which is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:22 am    

So which is it?

Quote:
Don
Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 10:26 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Here's what I know (or at least I think I know) This Kamado Pot came out of Japan in 1967ish It was purchased for my Grandfather by my father, who later went back to Japan and purchased on for himself in 1970ish. My father uses his Kamado a minimum of once a month. Back to the point, I've inherited this Kamado, it sat for at least 10 years without a fire in it. Brought it home cleaned it up gave it a paint job, and built a table to set it in. It has many surface cracks. The damper plug looks like it was dropped and one of the corners are gone. Have a look at it and tell me what you think. By the way anyone read Japanese, I would love to know what is stamped in the lid.

Jiarby
Post Number: 903
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 9:21 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
That japanese says "Patent: R. Johnson"

Richardj
Post Number: 1702
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 10:08 pm:

Jiarby, wrong it says Richard Johnson, patent

Dale
Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 12:38 am:

My Japanese is poor, but good enough to read that as Sakura Kamado. Or Cherry Kamado?
Dale

Camprs
Post Number: 108
Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 4:45 pm:

Quote:
quote:
My Japanese is poor, but good enough to read that as Sakura Kamado. Or Cherry Kamado?

Must be pretty good...My 3rd year Japanese student daughter agrees (I didn't show her your post first).
When I asked her what Sakura meant, she said Cherry.
Steve

I have a similar marking on mine. But these are both different. Confused
Len

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:15 pm    

Unfortunately I cannot read the whole kanji text as the first character is not clear in the picture and I have poor eyesight but I can say this.
The top bit is the name of the Manufaturer (certainly doesn't spell RJ) followed by the brand logo which continues with 極東 ムシ カマド it reads kyokuhigashi mushi kamado.
Kyoku higashi means 'Far east', indicating Korea, China and Japan. I do not know anything about the origin of the kamado as such but there is one thing that puzzles me a little, ムシカマド is written in Katakana whilst this is normally used to point out that this is not an item that originates from Japan, had that been the case they should have used hiragana which would read むしかまど but hey, who knows what reason there might have been for doing what they did.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm    

Thanks Len,

Thanks for the interpretation. My old kamado has different characters on it. It also has the ears and a volcano carved into it. As soon as I fix my pictures folder I will post pictures of my reconditioned kooker. As usual it seems that Richard is again trying to take credit for something he didn't create. He's also trying to get credit for making the Casa-Q or Sazco. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: