Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

How is a Kamado made ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:23 pm    

How is a Kamado made ??

Quote:
Kawman
Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 11:27 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
I've been wanting to ask this since I received my K7.

First I want to say that my K7 is a work of art and I am able to cook the very best BBQ I have ever made. I feel it was worth every dollar I spent and more !!!!

My question is about ceramics ??? or my lack of knowledge of ceramics. The only ceramics I have been around is using a clay that is fired in a kiln.

I replaced the ceramic grate with a Huck Wok. I broke off a few pieces of the ceramic grate and it felt rather soft and "concrete" like ...

Is the K and components fired in a Kiln? or is the aggregate that they fill the mold with made of ceramic?

Admin
Board Administrator
Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 11:44 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Kawman, we are very happy you are enjoying your Kamado. As for the confidential ceramic formula and process, would you please contact richardj@kamado.com to discuss this subject. Thanks

Kawman
Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 11:54 am:

Thank you for the response .... I've done more searching and read that not only is this confidential but also a sensitive issue ...
I wasn't sure if this was ever posted somewhere here. My apologies if so. I found it interesting how the "ceramic formula" and process would be such a sensitive issue if RJ has nothing to hide. Did RJ ever use real ceramic Question
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:23 am    

I don't believe that anyone has ever suspected that RJ ever used real ceramic. As far as we know, its always been portland cement mixed with crushed lava rock over chicken wire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: