Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Famous pics

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchops

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:45 am    

Famous pics

these pics of a mexiK losing its tiles should be famous by now. just in case some haven't yet seen them, check it out! very funny stuff!

http://nakedwhiz.com/photofun/tileman.htm

Thanks Whiz, for keeping this "piece" of history from being swept under the rug!
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:50 pm    

HEY! THOSE ARE MY FEET... how long has that been on the web?

Now you know how I got my refund. That was gonna run on a 3rd party website and then was gonna be a website all of its own. It would have carried a lot more punch 5 years ago when tile loss was virtually a unknown thing. With all those aging K's out there... tile loss is now well known. Now RJ and company will probably not bat an eye if TNW keeps 'em up.

But the photos shouldn't be famous, as far as I know, that's the first time they've been on the web since the 1 hr they lasted on the K forum. Someone was very quick to save them.

And, for the record, I'm innocent. I haven't shared those with anyone since that day. Hell, they're not even on this computer.
WNTnT

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:33 pm    

Gerard,

Actually, There is full set of photos on the TNW website on the "Fun Photos" section: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/photofun.htm. I think they were the funniest, most creative form of submitting a complaint that I have ever seen. (TNW was contacted by a representative of Kamado and asked to remove them because the person in question (you) had received a full refund and was now a happy camper.) He declined since they weren't posted to slam Kamado but merely to demonstrate your incredible creativity.[/url]
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:03 pm    

Gimme a fat head why doncha? I'm gonnna be insufferable.

[quote="TheNakedWhiz"]Gerard,

...I posted them because I think they were the funniest, most creative form of submitting a complaint that I have ever seen...

... but merely to demonstrate your incredible creativity.[/quote]

TNW,

Thanks for the absurdly kind words. I've seen your creativity, ingenuity, and dedication to barbecuing through the years and I don't hold a candle to you.

Anyway, I had about $1100 and 4 months worth of getting PO'd. Inspiration was easy to find. I would need similar distress to match that effort.
Gerard

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:07 pm    

Times have changed

[quote="TheNakedWhiz"]...I was contacted by a representative of Kamado and asked to remove them because the person in question (you) had received a full refund and was now a happy camper.) I declined ...[/quote]

They asked you? RJ threatened me with legal action.* Guess there aren't enough attorneys to go around now.

*wouldn't have mattered, it was all factual and was gonna be a website if the warranty hadn't been honored.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:04 pm    

well, gerard. that has to be at least the 2nd (ahem) coolest avatar on the forum Very Happy
Gerard

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:00 am    

My tiles, my feet, my driveway - that was so cool!

I can't tell you how seeing those photos made my day. I thought they were gone forever. I switched ISP's without ever retrieving them and I have no idea if they're still retrievable from the computer that's been stored in my basement for the past few years.

Of course, I saved them to this computer. Played around and made an avatar. And added a line about it in my signature.

TNW tells me they've been on his website since Aug '02! I'm surprised one of the dozen or so BBQ folks that knew I was the creator never told me. I haven't been completely in communicado.

Anyway, thanks for posting the photo and the link to the rest of the photos. It was a blast down memory lane. Now if only the OLD K forums were available on line... I had some awfully good stuff there, just no photoessays.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:33 am    

eerie... the eyes are following me... Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: