Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Is his word any good at all

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:18 am    

Is his word any good at all

Topic: Meridian Inserts and Stoves
Thread: Another VentFree Stove for Europe

Here's another great reason not to put your faith in the man...he just never follows through. He had people wanting it, even wanting to be a dealer...and it's gone....poooooof Shocked He could have sold twenty in that thread the way people sounded.

Poor Bonnie, she probably put off buying something good to wait on this great vent free stove...now she'll go through another cold winter because RJ cannot keep a promise.

Carpenterken
Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 4:32 pm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Richard,
Outstanding! This is going to be a great product. Does it not need a door? Put me down for a NJ dealership. You must have a great team down there to be putting out such fine products.
KW

Bonnies
Post Number: 347
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 12:30 am:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Richard,
That's a good price base. I'm looking at putting one in my basement to take the 'chill' off. Am looking at the zoning, etc. What a cool thing. I too wondered about the lack of a door.

Cheers

Bonnies
Post Number: 375
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 1:04 am:

Well, it's been a year and I'm sitting at home w/o heat from the last ice storm. Got me to wondering how far along your project is???

Bonnie
Nerka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:58 pm    

Richard is trying to reel her back in before she gets away.

Richardj
Post Number: 2125
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 12:57 pm:
Bonnies,

Thanks for the interest in an update on the vent-free Meridian. We are turning them out as fast as we can. Depending on the cold conditions outside or especially when there is no power (like now in many parts of the country), it is the best thing I have come up with. That is, until you get hungry!

We have had nothing but excellent comments on these Meridians. Over the summer they are often used on the patio or left unobtrusively in the room. Our #3 Meridian has a maximum BTU/HR. of 15,000 or more and virtually all of BTU’s remains in the room(s) since there is no vent to the outside. Most owners use a fraction of the maximum BTU’s and the ceramic walls retain and radiate heat like you would expect. By opening the damper, there is convective heat being pushed around the room(s) like you would never believe. I guess this is not a good time right now, Bonnies to bring all this up!

The basic Meridians we are making now are #3 Meridian ($375 introductory and $750 suggested retail after January 1st, 2007) and #5 ($450 and $900 respectively) and #9 $600 and $1200 respectively). These prices include our stainless steel outdoor (weather proof) burners. They can be used with wood outdoors. There are many tile colors or textured at a slightly lower price.

We are on a slow but sure “ramp up” of Meridian production and sales. For those interested please email sales@meridianfireplaces.com.

Thank you all again for your interest.

Richard

foxhound

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:26 pm    

He would rather sell them at home shows...I thought the plan was to ramp up production on BBQ's so there wouldn't be a ridiculous waiting time.
curly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:40 am    

sam wrote:
He would rather sell them at home shows...I thought the plan was to ramp up production on BBQ's so there wouldn't be a ridiculous waiting time.

Well, he said he's selling them as fast as he can make them. I think he means that quite lierally...it's only him making them.

Of course, that's what he's always done with the Kamados too. But he can't seem to make more that 1 a month cause he can't afford to buy the 5 bags of portland it takes to throw one together. Shocked

If he's even selling K's anymore then he must not be giving away the website name, because there have been no new people talking about their orders. He may sell strictly through the home show circuit now to avoid the bad press he has on the web.

Or, maybe he's realized that he's not gonna be able to make any money on the Kamados since he's been so exposed. So he's given up on the Kamados and went almost strictly to the Meridian...where he probably has no tiled ceramic competitor. He's does much better when he's in a market all alone...nothing to compare his cs to Shocked
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: