Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Tile Damage Is Real Problem With Cookers From Kamado.com

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasmineFilter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:07 am    

Tile Damage Is Real Problem With Cookers From Kamado.com

It is funny to see how many people post on the Kamado.com forum saying that they have never had any tiles fall off their cooker, and therefore, it musn't be a problem. Nice, except that Kamado.com has posted this webpage:

http://www.kamado.com/Repair%20&%20Maintenance/MinorTileRepair1.htm

If it isn't a problem, why the whole webpage trying to get owners not to make warrantee claims, but rather telling them to fix it themselves? Notice also that Kamado.com says that tile damage isn't a warrantee issue yet they say on this tile repair page that one of the causes is improper manufacturing:

Quote:
Excessive glue on the back of the tile when the tile factory applied the cloth backing web.

Beware if you buy a cooker from kamado.com.
curly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:34 am    

I think someone could look in the archives and find where the tiles were under warrenty. Thus, many of the old ones may still be grandfathered in Laughing Line up folks, for your free bag of grout Confused
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:12 am    

Kamado Tile Guarantee - 10 Years

Here is a link to the official Kamado statement about their Tile Guarantee:

Kamado Forum April 1999 Archive

This was their response to inquiries about their warranty specifics. (Note also the question by WillieB wondering why he hasn't received a "repair kit" he has asked for several times. It's always the same story at Kamado).

Apparently Kamado.com does not wish to honor this guarantee, or has revoked it since this time period, because a helpful post on their forum linking to that thread was quickly deleted. Here is the deleted thread:

And for those that may have problems accessing the web.archive.org site (it tends to be "glitchy") here is a screenshot of the specific tile guarantee thread:

Enjoy!

Cool
foxhound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:32 am    

interesting observation

It is interesting that in 1999 they are talking about break in low temp cooks, but that Alanz says the reason he had to retile his dome was because they did not know at the time he got his k that it needed a low temp break-in and that he hit hi temps in initial uses of his first K.
curly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:54 am    

Yeah, did he get his even earlier, was he just blowing smoke, or did he just forget?
curly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:29 am    

You know there was another bugs post that was asking if the company would at least send whole sheets of tiles because it would be hard to put back one tile at a time...something to that effect. Now they went and took that one too. I guess that one wasn't captured by anyone over here huh?

Man, they don't even want people to think they will send a sheet of tile do they? They must be anticipating lots of needed sheets of tile huh?
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:37 am    

Deleted Tile Sheets Post

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------
Kamado Discussion Forum: Using Kamado cookers: Major tile repair
------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Bugs on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 6:31 pm:

does the company send you whole sheets of tile to fix it with. seems
like a lot of work if you have to place one tile at a time on there.

Gerard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:09 am    

Re: interesting observation

sam wrote:
It is interesting that in 1999 they are talking about break in low temp cooks, but that Alanz says the reason he had to retile his dome was because they did not know at the time he got his k that it needed a low temp break-in and that he hit hi temps in initial uses of his first K.

Actually, I know AlanZ bought his before I bought one. When I bought mine the company line was that immediate high temp cooks were okay. So no deception there on AlanZ's part... not that he cares what we think.

In fact, back then, everyone thought that the cookers were produced in kilns a la BGEs; a notion that was constantly reinforced by the Kompany's claims that its kilns were at capacity but new kilns were in the works. So, of course new users thought they could crank 'em up to 1000 or so and were encouraged to do so. But tiles started popping and the new break-in procedure was implemented. In retrospect, that made no sense... weren't these cookers being produced in kilns at much higher temps? Where was all this moisture that was boiling off coming from?

It was only when the disgruntled former plant manager posted that the cookers never were kiln fired but were merely made of a cement material that cured and hardened at ambient temperatures that it all made sense. Turns out the kilns were for nothing but producing the tiles on the custom models.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:00 am    

Hilarious!

talk about brainwashed, look for the "I realized I didn't really need to know" remark when someone asks whether or not the mexi-K is kiln fired! holy cow! now, i know it's not the same thing, but the current refractory cooker i have enroute from Indonesia (you know!) is vacuum-kiln dried. i'd imagine that, if it were tiled, that'd cut down on the chances of tiles popping off.

i can't imagine practically apologizing for asking a question... Shocked

http://www.kamado.com/discus/messages/9/568.html
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Kamado Grief in General All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: