Kamado Fraud Forum    
Kamado Fraud Forum    

Richard Johnson BS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtail-99

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:35 am    

Richard Johnson BS

May I translate for you?
Quote:

Richardj
Post Number: 2641

Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 12:24 pm:
Matt, Bob’s suggestion of M63 (now improved and designated K63) to apply to your firebox would be very important in insuring MANY years of maintenance free use. As mentioned, the shape/design does wedge in the base and allows continued use however K63 has additional benefit besides giving 100% thermal protection....K63 provides faster and longer charcoal ignition because of the excellent "K" factor (rate that heat can pass through this ceramic material).

On my older Japanese Kamados (I made over 100,000 of them in Japan in the 60's) it is extremely important that K63 is applied to the entire hot face or inside the combustion chamber. K63 will allow owners of these "earthenware" Kamados to use higher broiling temperatures where w/o K63 it would be a disaster. It is much the same with all thin walled ceramic cookers.

Matt I would not consider a rod firebox at this time. 2 or 3 pounds of K63 will make the rod firebox unnecessary. Do not use Rutland Cement. Since the firebox has been removed I would suggest coating both sides of the firebox. Remember not to apply K63 to the outer edge of the firebox or it will not fit onto the ledge in the base as it is a tight fit. By the way, you will NEVER have to replace your firebox. The most you might do in 7 to 10 years is to apply another pound or two of K63.

If the firebox could not be pieced together then a rod firebox works fine.

In my humble opinion I would apply K63 to your entire hot face or inside of the combustion chamber. That is, the inside lid and inside base above the firebox. This will give the Kamado excellent thermal protection as well as a little more wall thickness for additional heat retention and heat radiation inside the cooking chamber and in fact a little less outside surface temperature.

I seriously hope all our Kamado owners and other ceramic cookers will apply K63 as this simple and relative inexpensive maintenance WILL ABSOLUTELY insure a lifetime of Kooking and protect what has become a VERY expensive product to make and becoming much more expensive every day.

For those who would like a link to my amateur video demonstrating excessive temperatures and repair tests including applying K63 please be sure to update your email address to receive our Kamado Newsletter.

Of course RJ isn't going to recommend a lump saver because HE CAN"T MAKE ANY. Any wonder why no one can get a lump saver delivered to them? It's because RJ can't make any product any more.

Of course RJ recommends K63. It's probably just some crap he is buying from a 3rd world country (and not paying for). Every time he loses a supplier due to non-payment, he finds another supplier and changes the name of the formula. I refuse to believe that RJ has actually developed any of these compounds.
Unbelievable

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:55 pm    

Good translation Fishtail!

Has anyone even used any of these "m" or now "k" products yet? Just wait the reports will start coming in if anyone ever actually receives any. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kamado Fraud Forum Index :: Problems with Richard J All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: